Sign in to follow this  
jwwright

Swell Fork, Wood Post Horn

Been a while since I posted anything, and looks like things have been a little slow around here. So.....this is a saddle that I finished up about 6 weeks ago. Built it for myself, and it had a ride or two on it before I took photos.

Modified Association with a wood post horn. The tree was made by Jon Watsabaugh.

Thanks, JW

1909_1.jpg1909_4.jpg1909_2.jpg

1909_1.jpg

1909_4.jpg

1909_2.jpg

post-5250-1244478786_thumb.jpg

post-5250-1244478801_thumb.jpg

post-5250-1244478817_thumb.jpg

Nice job JW! Looks like a great workiing rig. Will you ride it down the fence?

Bob

very nice

Thanks folks. Bob.......in most ranch horse competitions, you have to box your cow, get one turn each way on the fence, then rope it ,stop it, turn and lead it off. For those kind of deals where I need to rope, yes I will ride it down the fence. However, since I am getting older and more wussified ( is that a word?) I find that I do tend to get hold of the horn more on the fence turns..........so, in AQHA or NRCHA cowhorse I will most likely opt for one of my ranch cutters with a horn that is more conducive to old cowpunchers grabbing hold! Thanks, JW

Very nice and clean.

Thats a good looking rig.

Steve...........gullet is 6 3/4" wide by 7 1/2" tall. 4 1/2" handhole width. 93 degree NW bars. Cantle is round 12" wide by 3 1/2" tall. Horn is 2 3/4" tall by 3" guad cap. JW

JW- Great looking saddle, (as always). I was wondering how do you like the crossover rope strap on the modified association swells. I've often thought about it but hadn't seen it done before. Any special considerations when attaching it that would be different than with a slick fork?

Hope you made it through the bad weather tonight.

Thanks, Chuck Norris