shakygreg

Motorcycle Seat Reupholstery?

I am about to buy a very used honda 185s and I might re-upholster the seat. Can someone please tell me how to go about doing this. Thanks in advance.

post-16412-043738900 1301349257_thumb.jp

Edited by shakygreg

It's hard to see in the picture Shaky, but the foam looks very deteriorated. That aside, it depends how you want to cover it and with what. What kind of leather do you want to cover it with? Do you want to reupholster it or cover with veg tan?

Chris

The picture just don't help answer your question. If you can take the seat off and show the underside it would help. But if it is just stapled on you can cover and stretch the leather and re-staple it. Without the old cover to take apart and use as a pattern you are just winging it. You could lay out some paper and make a pattern of the top, sides and the front and back and figure where to sew it together at. I would go for this method as you would have a better luck getting it to fit. Use an electic or power stapler to put it back on with. start in the middle and pull it tight as you staple, work out any puckers as you go. This is just general info like I said the picture don't help much with design.

RC

Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I will post some more up-close pics soon to see if I can squeeze ot any more help from yall.

Thanks in advance.