OdinUK

Wicker Man Themed Tankard

Hi All,

This is my latest tankard that I made for a friend who is a big Wicker Man fan. For those who dont know, its the classic 70s film with Christpher Lee and Edward Woodward about a pagan community on a remote Scottish island. I was trying to get a branded or burnt in effect in keeping with the burning of the wicker man.

It was dyed yellow but soaked in a bath of molten bees wax. I'll be lining it with pitch later. Its made from 3-4mm thick leather.

post-11335-077292300 1330863473_thumb.jp

post-11335-055139000 1330863510_thumb.jp

post-11335-094376700 1330863636_thumb.jp

post-11335-048685300 1330863744_thumb.jp

post-11335-095510600 1330863807_thumb.jp

Hi All,

This is my latest tankard that I made for a friend who is a big Wicker Man fan. For those who dont know, its the classic 70s film with Christpher Lee and Edward Woodward about a pagan community on a remote Scottish island. I was trying to get a branded or burnt in effect in keeping with the burning of the wicker man.

It was dyed yellow but soaked in a bath of molten bees wax. I'll be lining it with pitch later. Its made from 3-4mm thick leather.

Odin, you do beautiful work. The girl who can't draw horses, LOL

Thanks Cheryl:) I need to practice those horses more!

Very nice. Bought a leather tankard a few years ago, one of the things that got me interested in leather working, always fancied trying to make one of my own. I've seen pine pitch on ebay but how much do you need?

Heh, nearly posted a question about whether 3-4oz leather was strong enough for the handle when lifting a pint then realised it was 3-4mm time for bed methinks.

Thanks Andrew. I use a bitumen based pitch (mixed with bees wax) because I cant find pine pitch in the UK.