Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

looking for this 3-position brass latch

Ohio Travel Bags does not carry this 3-position brass latch, and I believe they are now only available in England. Might anyone know where else it is possible to buy these?

Thanks,

ed

sab_3plock.jpg

post-853-1201056581_thumb.jpg

The only place I could find one was Cox the Saddler in England. WWW.Saddler.co.uk/. Its not cheap, around $30, but the quality was good. The key is kind of funky.

I was afraid of that. I was hoping that maybe someone in England or Europe might have a lead on them.

Thanks,

ed

Esantro,i think i have one,i take a pic if not exact the same i tell you later...

How many did you need?just in case...

Esantro,i think i have one,i take a pic if not exact the same i tell you later...

How many did you need?just in case...

Hi Alex,

Depending on the price, I'd like to buy 12.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Alex,

Depending on the price, I'd like to buy 12.

Thanks,

Ed

http://www.abbeysaddlery.co.uk

£12.30 (so about $24) each. Then there's postage and packing.

You need to register with them to get a password that allows you to see prices.

They usually give discounts for large purchases (depending on the item, sometimes as little as 10 is 'large').

Though I've not used this particular model of lock, others that I've used are good quality.

Gary

http://www.abbeysaddlery.co.uk

£12.30 (so about $24) each. Then there's postage and packing.

You need to register with them to get a password that allows you to see prices.

They usually give discounts for large purchases (depending on the item, sometimes as little as 10 is 'large').

Though I've not used this particular model of lock, others that I've used are good quality.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Are the other locks you use similar in style as well as price? Are they from Abbey Saddlery, too?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Esantro,bad news:i don't have it any more :thumbsdown: .

I can check with a supllier tomorow,but i'm not sure he still have this stuff.I will be more than happy to help you,maybee Gary can too...These are not cheap.I let you know tomorow what i can find.

Hi Gary,

Are the other locks you use similar in style as well as price? Are they from Abbey Saddlery, too?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

I've used locks from the same maker from Abbey but smaller and single position only. They were for briefcases and they are well made and robust. Lockable too. Similar price - though I bought mine a couple of years ago but the prices have all risen.

Which reminds me, before my wife does, that the briefcase I was making for her is still waiting, in pieces, to be sewn together. Cobblers kids or what!

When using Abbey, either phoning or e-mailing, be very, very, clear about what you want as they sometimes don't ask exactly the right questions and, with such a large stock of items, they may slip-up.

If you call or e-mail, get to speak (type) to Peter - they're all helpful but he has the catalogue in his head. (Or should that be catalog?)

Gary

Hi Esantoro,good news the suplier near from me got it,but he only have 5...Be also different in color:it's like brass with a black fade...He call it antique...It's not a shiny brass,gold...For the price:10 Euros each...If you want to see what they are for first,i can make a pic and post it...He's just closed to the end off the week,so next monday!

just let me know.

Alex

Hi Esantoro,good news the suplier near from me got it,but he only have 5...Be also different in color:it's like brass with a black fade...He call it antique...It's not a shiny brass,gold...For the price:10 Euros each...If you want to see what they are for first,i can make a pic and post it...He's just closed to the end off the week,so next monday!

just let me know.

Alex

Hi Alex, if it's not too much of a problem, could you send pics. I'm not sure what the exchange rate is, but 10 Euros has got to be better than 12 pounds.

I'll ask in another thread, but I've been meaning to ask about the ability to and ease of getting all things related to making leather bags, handbags, briefcases, and satchels in Europe. I lived in Europe for six years, been back in the States for three, and now already thinking of moving back. My impression is that it's much easier and cheaper to do all this in the States.

Ed

Hi Ed,sorry about the delay,i've add a brass o ring so you can see the diference.

DSC00999.JPG

DSC00997.JPG

DSC00998.JPG

Just in case:he only have 5 off this,and he can't have more...his supllier want a minimum order of 500.

I know that it can be a bad news,but i have take a little time because i must go tho the hospital next week:friday 22 feb... i'm gonna be out for 3 or 4 weeks...

If it's urgent for you,maybee before The 22 ?

Alex

post-5333-1202994521_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1202994586_thumb.jpg

post-5333-1202994639_thumb.jpg

Alex, Richard, and Gary,

Thanks for your help in the past. I recently placed an order for some of these locks.

Ed

Edited by esantoro