marine mp

Double Belt-Looped Avenger

I am going to make a Avenger-style holster for my 5" 1911 and was thinking about not only putting the belt loop on back by the trigger guard but also, sewing one onto the very front of the holster bend and intergrating it with the typical back side of holster belt channel. Reasoning that I have read a lot about the Avenger style not pulling the front of the holster in tight enought for most peoples liking. In simpler words, as I think my decscription may be vague, to have two belt loops like a pancake holster but with the wrapped leather of a Avenger. Has anyone ever tried this or something similiar??? Thanks and Merry CHRISTmas to all. Semper-fi MIke

Hey Marine,

Sounds to me like what you are describing is the concept behind these Tucker holsters.

http://tuckerholsters.com/proddetail.php?prod=Lined-HF-1

Do you mean like these?

2mcm4j.jpg

zkmkc4.jpg

w0ovas.jpg

I'm rather fond of the style, personally--it certainly does keep the holster in tight to the body

Edited by NoahL

Whats the advantage to this design over a standard pancake holster?

Whats the advantage to this design over a standard pancake holster?

Good question....I don't know but someone who asked me to make them one insisted in this design over the pancake.

Claimed it snuggled up closer to him than a pancake. I just do what I'm told:blahblahblah:

I'm thinking you could also make a "standard" Avenger, but instead of cutting an oval slot at the front end of the belt tunnel, cut a "C" shaped slot, so that the flap - the enclosed end of the "C" - provides more belt contact surface.

Hoping that makes sense to anyone but me.....

Good question....I don't know but someone who asked me to make them one insisted in this design over the pancake.

Claimed it snuggled up closer to him than a pancake. I just do what I'm told:blahblahblah:

I don't think it's possible for it to really be closer--they both pull the gun tight to your side, just in different ways. This style pulls the gun to you by applying tension over the top of the holster from back to front, and the pancake pulls the gun to you by applying tension center-out. Really, I think that it's just a stylistic/aesthetic difference more than a question of effectiveness.

Edited by NoahL

I don't think it's possible for it to really be closer--they both pull the gun tight to your side, just in different ways. This style pulls the gun to you by applying tension over the top of the holster from back to front, and the pancake pulls the gun to you by applying tension center-out. Really, I think that it's just a stylistic/aesthetic difference more than a question of effectiveness.

Thanks to all of you for the intel. I didn't realize that anyone was producing anything of the kind..a two belt-loop Avenger. My story... day late an a $$$$ short!!!! But...Rayban, NoahL and Lucas. Very NICE rigs indeed. The Tucker Holsters are also awesome. Shootere McGavine....I just thot the design in my mind would be different as it seems there are a lot of holster makers who do the pancake, as do I. The Askins Avenger just seems to take my eye. I believe it would hold tighter to the body w/the belt loops along with the tunnel in back. Jus a different stroke on things. Lastly, Big O...I do smell what yer steppin' in!!!!!!! The elongated "C" shaped cut-out woud prolly do the trick. Thanks to all for the input. I will post some picswhen done....if my daughter has patience with her 'ole man to do it. Merry CHRISTmas to all from the Smokie Mts of NC. Semper-fi MIke