Sign in to follow this  
George B

Botac Bluegun Drop Shipped

Hi All,

just a heads up for all those looking to use Botach.copm for their bluegun purchases.

Ordered online the 6th of this mont.

Charged my card on the 7th of this month.

Had to ask about tracking info 2 days ago.

Got tracking info.

My blueguns will not even ship until the 15th of this month!

Talk about slow delivery.

Next time I'll straight to rings again.

What a frigging hassle.

Almost tempted to cancel the order.

Botach does not have good shipping time, my fault I shouls have asked first.

But it will definitely be my last order from them.

You never know with them since they don't show inventory levels on their site. About a month ago I ordered one from them and next day received a backorder email, so I canceled. This morning I ordered another one from them and it was shipped by noon. Hard to beat their price at $36 with free shipping.

So, this is your first experience with drop-shipping of Rings Blue Guns.

Rings Manufacturing produces these pieces as orders are received. They do not regularly maintain an open-stock inventory. Numerous retail outlets advertise Rings Blue Guns, take orders, transmit those orders to Rings, then everyone waits for the next production cycle, after which Rings will drop-ship everything.

If you are producing orders for the public I would suggest that you advise customers when you are ordering a dummy gun, letting them know that it could be 6 to 8 weeks before you will receive the dummy and can start working on their project. The alternative is to allow your stomach acid to eat up your entire GI tract and push you right into the nearest mental health facility to have your nuts and bolts re-torqued.

Three or four companies make dummies. There is little competition. These companies make dummies primarily for the most popular handguns in current production. They don't fill a mold without having an order in hand, paid in advance. Finding anything "in stock and ready for delivery" is entirely a hit or miss proposition.

Best regards, along with the general warm welcome to the world of holster makers waiting for dummy guns!

Botach does not have the best reputation on the Knife forums.Many sad stories about them.Dave

I have been contemplating just going ahead and stocking all the models. I got into the Blue Guns mainly to get my own to make holsters but saw that there was a need for us leather workers. I think the difficulty for the dealers is that it is very hard to predict what models to keep in stock since the profit margin for the dealers is not very high. I had planned to keep some in stock but quickly saw that it was best to do like most of the dealers and drop ship since I had some experience in the knife business drop shipping before. I have saw that my decision was right because I had planned on stocking the common ones like the Glocks,1911's and so on but since I started selling them it is hard to predict what everyone will buy. I have sold mostly guns I didn’t think I would like the weighed or black in color custom guns.

On a side note… I process the orders with Blue Guns as soon as the order is placed so my shipping seems to be running about 7-10 days for delivery for the most part except for a few that may have taken 14 days. I am still working out the details with them so I can track and keep my customers informed on an ETA. I am not sure if I am doing anything different than the rest of the dealers but I don’t screw around when placing the orders so I think that has a lot to do with it. The only issue I have had so far is one customer who said he didn’t get one of the two guns he ordered but he waited a month to let me know about it. I stayed on Blue guns until they looked into it and found that they had manually checked off the guns as they packaged it, produced a shipping receipt that showed the weight which was consistent with what two guns would have weighted, and they don’t have any guns like it lying around because it was an odd custom order. Not really sure who to believe but if it happens again I will be making some decisions on how I do things.

I am working on my site to take off the inventory on hand because the software makes me put a number in the field in order for the item to show on my site so the number on hand is not correct. I explain the inventory on hand thing a couple times on my site but still some people just can’t figure it out.

Please don’t take my post as advertising I am a leatherworker foremost but enjoy helping out when I can. Hopefully I have explained a few things that will help with the Blue Gun shipping due to my own experience.