cmantz

Source For Nylon Halters

Would anyone be so kind to share a source for nylon halters? I am starting to make custom bronc halters and would love to find a wholesale source. I have an account with Weaver Leather (for the supplies - but not tack) but really have no desire to buy the hardware and nylon and make them myself.

And although I don't have a problem buying online from tack stores at regular pricing, I would like to find a supplier that offers a range of colors besides black, red, royal, and green. Surely those making custom bronc nosebands that are paired up with a pretty lime green or hot pink halter are not manufacturing the halter themselves?

Looks like you didn’t receive many responses sorry about that, folks can be odd about responding. I keep a few black, red, green and pink halters on hand for rush orders of course I don’t have any volume just a few a month. When you’re looking at the cost of a bronc halter the halter is the bulk of it at least the ones I make. Letting the customer dictate the type and quality of halter has an impact on the overall cost of the Item. If I’m going to a craft show or I’ll put some on inexpensive halters and leave the rest sitting out.

Doug

Where do you get yours? As I said, I don't mind not getting great pricing as I know my volume won't be there...but I would like to find color options. At this point, I will probably order them from Chicks Saddlery (as they seem to have decent pricing). I don't expect to make much on the actual halters...especially if I am already paying retail pricing (and will probably just pass the cost to the customer)...I will price my product so I make the money on the noseband.

Edited to add: I probably should have posted this in the Supplier section to begin.

Edited by cmantz

What do you plan to ask for a nose band with halter and one with out. I go with who has the best price and the color and style I need. I had an orger last week for a nose band for a pony with a hot pink halter. It took me a while to fing a hot pink pony halter. You need to mark the cost of the halter up to help recover the cost of your time finding it and installing it.

Doug

Edited by whiteeugene

Pricing is really dependent on what they want...low end $40-60 and high end $90-100 plus the halter (probably $15/regular-$20/adjustable). I am offering laser engraved or embroidered nosebands. Then pricing will depend on if they want any painting or custom artwork (on the leather), spots vs rhinestones, regular conchos or bling conchos.

I would prefer to find a source for the halters so I can keep my options limited as I really don't want to spend time trying to source out a specific color halter. I would rather have a supplier that offers a range of colors and sizes.

I will certainly mark up the cost to cover time and shipping. And depending on what my cost ends up being...keeping the price in line with actual retail cost

Weaver sells them through the supply catalog with the nose bands already cut off item# 35-7128 $15.15, page 159 of the 2012 catalog

Yeah..I saw them but thought the price was kinda high considering I can get Weaver halters online for $12-$15

Don't know if you have any amish shops around your area but i can buy halters from 5 to 10$! Might be worth you

time to find them?

DWC...that is an awesome idea!!! I hadn't even considered that. Now just need to figure out how to find one and how to contact them :)