3tool

Camo Finish On Leather

I have a few projects that I am working on that require a camo (realtree or mossy oak) finish on the leather and some woodwork too. Has anyone tried these camo dip kits ( http://www.camodipkit.com ) and if so, does it work well? Otherwise, is there a good supplier or camo leather out there?

If you look at their Camo Accessories and Clothing categories you will notice that many leather items are listed so I would imagine that it works well enough for them to list them as items in their catalog. However I have not used it.

Send them a request for information and ask them would be your best bet to ask them how durable it is on leather.

Regards,

Ben

I don't think you want to do that ... from their web site ....

Any hard surface, non-porous and that can be submersed in water can be decorated. Anything you can get paint to stick to the object most likely you can decorate it with this process. Examples of such materials are: plastic, glass, hardwoods, fiberglass, ceramics, and metal

This is basically paint floated on water (not water soluable, meaning it doesn't mix in). So, when you "dip" something, the water runs and the paint stays. Pretty cheap method, and one I don't think was ever intended for leather.

Better to "paint" the camo yourself with dye, or buy the camo leather drum dyed.

Yeah.. it is very interested question for me too. I have CAMO leather with "break up mossy oak"print. I bought it on Weaver company few years ago. Unfortunatelly i haven´t where i can buy this leather at present. Some advices?

Thanks Martin

post-16366-024824200 1328655418_thumb.jp

Edited by compound

THanks for the feedback - for the hard wood and metal surfaces, we ended up using camowraps like this ( www.camo4u.com ) - as for the leather itself, we just decided to die it. I think the camo dip kits would work great for more rigid items like pastic metal and wood...