Jimbob

Adler 30-70

I located a beautiful Adler 30-70 with motor and stand in Montana....got the guy down to $750!!!!

And now I realize I am not able to travel that far....shipping to much for me also...

He needs to sell fast and seems to be a nice guy!

He has it on craiglist, search under Adler 30-70 or email me, I have his adress...I hope somebody closer to Montana can get this deal!!

JimBob

JimBob.... I found an Adler 30-70 for sale and am wondering if you know much about the machine and its capabilities. I currently sew most projects by hand or with my Tippmann Boss hand stitcher. I'm looking for something that is more versatile and can be used in saddle work with a long arm and can get in tight places. Do you know how thick of leather it can handle?

Many Thanks,

Natalie

I located a beautiful Adler 30-70 with motor and stand in Montana....got the guy down to $750!!!!

And now I realize I am not able to travel that far....shipping to much for me also...

He needs to sell fast and seems to be a nice guy!

He has it on craiglist, search under Adler 30-70 or email me, I have his adress...I hope somebody closer to Montana can get this deal!!

JimBob

Natalie,

I hate take over but since we are an Adler dealer I just wanted to let you know that the 30-70 will sew to 3/8" thick leather & your right that with the small arm it'll get in tight places but it has a top foot feed only & the teeth will mark the top of your leather.

Bob

JimBob.... I found an Adler 30-70 for sale and am wondering if you know much about the machine and its capabilities. I currently sew most projects by hand or with my Tippmann Boss hand stitcher. I'm looking for something that is more versatile and can be used in saddle work with a long arm and can get in tight places. Do you know how thick of leather it can handle?

Many Thanks,

Natalie

Natalie

The Adler 30-70 is strictly for repair work on shoes, handbags and leather clothe,,,,great to put on patches on biker vests....works wonder on repairing small purses. It is a money maker if you do small repair work, will not take much bigger then 69 thread!!

So it is clearly NOT a machine for a saddlery!!!!

But if you can get a working 30-70 for less then $500 take it home!!! It will pay for it self in a years worth of small repairs!!

These machines cost in good used condition around 800-1200 dollar, they have a long arm and big bobbins...parts for these still plenty!

If u get a killer deal, get it, they always sell good!

Just rememnber it is called a shoe patcher for good reason!!

Hope this helps a bit!!

Jimbob

Thank you so much for the replies. VERY helpful. I'm not going to bid on it but if anyone is near Lost Wages it's ending in about 4 hours on ebay and is pick-up only. Bid is currently at $338 but seller states there are 52 watchers.

I picked the Vegas machine up. He actually lowered the price from what I bid because he found some issues with it when I went to get it.

So, is there an Adler expert that I should contact so I can get it straightened out?

I am a machinist, and mechanically inclined, so I figure I can figure it out eventually, but if someone has some insight into this series of machine it would be helpful.

I picked the Vegas machine up. He actually lowered the price from what I bid because he found some issues with it when I went to get it.

So, is there an Adler expert that I should contact so I can get it straightened out?

I am a machinist, and mechanically inclined, so I figure I can figure it out eventually, but if someone has some insight into this series of machine it would be helpful.

I'm an Adler Dealer & can help you either send a PM or call me & we'll get it straightened out.

Bob

I'm an Adler Dealer & can help you either send a PM or call me & we'll get it straightened out.

Bob

Cool, I will get in touch with you as soon as I get it set up in the house. May be a week, or so,