Sign in to follow this  
Phatdaddy

Stuck With Lacing...

I'm not sure how I should proceed.

I could have kept lacing around while coming up the left side but the lacing would have been backwards when the sheath was snapped closed. I'm definitely no pro at lacing and I can't seem to think of the best way to integrate flipping the sheath over to lace the flap. At first I was planning to just lace continually around but then realized how bad that would look(luckily before I did it haha.

have a look, hopefully someone knows what I mean and can offer a solution if not I'll attempt starting a whole new section of lacing.

I'm really happy with how it is turning out, it'd be a shame to bomb it now.

Cheers,

Kevin

post-17334-099077100 1331250374_thumb.jp

post-17334-098407400 1331250381_thumb.jp

post-17334-086174400 1331250389_thumb.jp

post-17334-035801400 1331250396_thumb.jp

post-17334-022498900 1331250411_thumb.jp

Hopefully I'm understanding you right, but could you start a new line of lacing to go over the flap by starting in the top corners? I think the whole thing looks excellent regardless of what you do!!! What skin is that?

Hopefully I'm understanding you right, but could you start a new line of lacing to go over the flap by starting in the top corners? I think the whole thing looks excellent regardless of what you do!!! What skin is that?

Believe it or not, it is Ostrich from Tandy, it was in their last month's flyer and over all they're excellent!

Thanks too BTW.

Kevin

Edited by Phatdaddy

That's looking really great and looks sharp. On pouches with flaps that I've seen that others have laced, they've tried to address this by starting lacing at the middle of the flap and working all the way down to the center of the pouch, and the doing the same on the opposite side. But it means that the lace goes in opposite directions in the center of the flap and the bottom of the pouch, and doesn't look quite right either. I hope someone can help you figure out the lacing on this.