Sign in to follow this  
wyomingcowboy

Best Machine For Chaps

I have a bit of a tall order here. I am looking for a walking foot machine that will sew chap leather for rodeo chaps. It is not real thick stuff and my Ferdco 6/6 is definitly way too big for this kind of thing. I believe at most it will be 3 layers of 4oz but it is really soft stuff. If I sew tooled tops or anything I can use my big machine after all else is done.

I am looking for something used and under $500 as I only need it for a year or two until I can afford a much better, new machine. A friend of mine has a consew 225 that he uses but says he has to hand crank it alot as it is too fast for the tight corners. What would you guys suggest? I need to be able to find whatever machine used. I have seen the consew 225 occasionally on ebay but not at the present time.

Hello, try some of the dealers on the banner ads at the top of this page. I am sure that one of us can help you. Steve

I bet your 6/6 will work fine. Have you tried it ? I have sewn a bunch of chaps on my Ferdco Pro 2000 without any problems.

Check Craigslist.org wyoming there was a 111w153 posted there awhile back. I use the same model machine for belts and chaps and it woks well for that. I believe the price was under 400 which is a bargain

Yes,the 111w153 is almost the same machine,put a D.C.Servo motor on it for slower sewing.Parts are also readily available for it too.

Do you happen to have a link for that 111w153? I looked and didn't find it.

Both are no beauties but I think you don´t care and you just need "something to sew with".

I´d go for the gray singer 211 as it is set up with table and motor - so just plug an play (as it seems). But maybe it needs some adjustment.

If the seller lives close to you visit him and test the machine.

The Singer 111 does not have a motor and table as it seem and the presser foot is missing (as I can tell from the pictures) and needs a lot of work in advance. This is a restoration object I´d say.

I agree with constabulary, the 211 looks like a substantial machine. If you are close to Ft Collins it would be worth a look. Definitely see it sew before purchasing.