Danielle

New And Improved Mocs!

For those of who you saw my first pair of mocs that I posted before, this is my second attempt. I changed some things as I had intended, but decided not to add a heel. I lined them with synthetic sheepskin this time and these have thick leather inner, as well as outer, soles. The thick soles on the inside and outside give the moc a lot more structure and some arch support since the inner sole has a little arch in it. They are SO comfortable. I still need leather laces, so right now they just have regular laces. What do you think?

IMG_4297.JPG

IMG_4296.JPG

IMG_4294.JPG

post-13226-126456099268_thumb.jpg

post-13226-126456099423_thumb.jpg

post-13226-126456099592_thumb.jpg

They look very cosy, Danielle. You'll have nice warm toes for the rest of the winter! Why did you switch to synthetic sheepskin this time? Ray

They look very cosy, Danielle. You'll have nice warm toes for the rest of the winter! Why did you switch to synthetic sheepskin this time? Ray

Thanks. Well mostly because I ran out of the red fabric and this is what I originally wanted so I went out and got some. I saw sherpa at the fabric store as well, which was a lot nicer, but quadruple the price. So i figured I'd go with the synthetic...

Very nice looking! :)

A very fair answer - I wondered because I have made a pair with real sheepskin lining and I wouldn't change it for the world. It was amusing stuff to work with...Not! I managed to get into a real mess sticking it to the outer, but it all worked out in the end. IMHO, the real stuff is warmer than synthetic and gives a better cushion to a Moc - but what do I know? Ray

A very fair answer - I wondered because I have made a pair with real sheepskin lining and I wouldn't change it for the world. It was amusing stuff to work with...Not! I managed to get into a real mess sticking it to the outer, but it all worked out in the end. IMHO, the real stuff is warmer than synthetic and gives a better cushion to a Moc - but what do I know? Ray

No I agree with that. The real stuff is def warmer and has more cushion. Looking back now I should have just spent the extra money to get the real stuff. But... now I've learned my lesson.

And thanks Glaisne!

For those of who you saw my first pair of mocs that I posted before, this is my second attempt. I changed some things as I had intended, but decided not to add a heel. I lined them with synthetic sheepskin this time and these have thick leather inner, as well as outer, soles. The thick soles on the inside and outside give the moc a lot more structure and some arch support since the inner sole has a little arch in it. They are SO comfortable. I still need leather laces, so right now they just have regular laces. What do you think?

good job danielle