Sign in to follow this  
woodknack

Tandy Prices

WOW. Is it me or are they smokin crack? I almost fell out of my chair when I looked at what a Pro Embossing Machine went for on there site. What really flipped me out was for that price it didn't even come with a motor! The MOTOR cost almost as much as the machine! All it is, is a ac motor that spins at 1730 rpms. I just can't believe that people would spend that kind of money. Just blows me away!! And then you need the embossing rolls. Which are not included. Total cost for everything would run you around $3300.00

I just used this for an example of the prices on Tandy's site.

Can someone send me to a leather site that has reasonable prices please?!

Thanks

Woodknack

WOW. Is it me or are they smokin crack? I almost fell out of my chair when I looked at what a Pro Embossing Machine went for on there site. What really flipped me out was for that price it didn't even come with a motor! The MOTOR cost almost as much as the machine! All it is, is a ac motor that spins at 1730 rpms. I just can't believe that people would spend that kind of money. Just blows me away!! And then you need the embossing rolls. Which are not included. Total cost for everything would run you around $3300.00

Thanks

Woodknack

Not sure you will find anything much lower in price than Tandy, but after checking a couple of my sources the best I could come up with was Zack White. His machine is listed at $695.95, and his motor is $595.00. You can check out his site by going to http://www.zackwhite.com/home.php?cat=1108&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=1, that is the page that has the machines on it. I also looked at Springfield Leather, but didn't really find any embossing machines there. Hope someone else can help, but those two sites are the ones I use the most.

Thanks

Woodknack

My price for all their wheels, motor & machine works out to just over 2600.00 Thats canadian. Need to be a member IT SAVES LOADS OF CASH

Regular retail is the highest price youll pay. Become a member and you will save alot if your gonna be spending large amounts of money there. Still they arent any more expensive then most other places for retail prices.

If you are getting into it as a business get a license and a tax id number which will allow you to buy wholesale either from them (I think) or some place like zack white, weaver, or countless other places that sell equipment and you will save even more money. Ofcourse you will have to deal with the business side of things.

My price for all their wheels, motor & machine works out to just over 2600.00 Thats canadian. Need to be a member IT SAVES LOADS OF CASH

Still way to much $$ for what it is. Sorry...

When living in the US I used to buy a lot of materials from these people:

http://stleather.com/

Very helpful and friendly and their prices is hard to match:-)

those prices on that website are no longer current, you may want to request a print catalog from them before ordering.

those prices on that website are no longer current, you may want to request a print catalog from them before ordering.

I did just get a catalog. take a look in it and check the prices. Still the same. Maybe I should make these machines myself and sell them. New hobby!!! LOL...

Thanks I will check them out. hopefully they are more reasonable.

I just see some of the machines on Tandy's site and there is not much too them and they want so much money for what it is. Just blows me away. Like I said earlier "maybe I should make these machines and sell them?" My new hobby.... LOL

They want $10.00 for a utility knife that I know you can get the same one down the road at a local hardware store fore .98 Cents.

Who is going to join there gold or elite club if you don't know how long your going to stick with this hobby ( I never have done this, so I don't know!) But i'm certainly not going to give them $150 for an elite membership just starting out. I think they have stuff marked up so high that even after you get your 40 or 50 % off they still are way over priced.

This is just my opinion. I know others will disagree and thats fine. Just seems to me like this will be a dieing trade. Because new people wanting to try it out will get scared away by the prices.

Anybody ever buy Tandy's "lacing pliers"? :) You can get the same thing at harbor freight for .99 cents ... only they call it a needle-nose pliers. Tandy's were just under $10 for a while.

Even MORE obnoxious, Ebay is full of people selling Tandy stuff that has been marked up AGAIN! And people are BUYING it ???

If you're making small projects (wallets/checkbooks/clutch) S-T's goat lining just can't be beat for the money. TOUGH, and BEAUTIFUL.

Anybody ever buy Tandy's "lacing pliers"? :) You can get the same thing at harbor freight for .99 cents ... only they call it a needle-nose pliers. Tandy's were just under $10 for a while.

Even MORE obnoxious, Ebay is full of people selling Tandy stuff that has been marked up AGAIN! And people are BUYING it ???

If you're making small projects (wallets/checkbooks/clutch) S-T's goat lining just can't be beat for the money. TOUGH, and BEAUTIFUL.

Do you know where to get a good starter kit or simple project to start from?