I wanted to post a couple of recent holsters I made, because I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out, and my improved results have been the result of learning from many of you here on the forum. Feel free to critique or ask questions!

The 1911 holster is for the Sheriff of a nearby county. He's got quite a collection of high end 1911's, and I'm hoping he'll be pleased with this piece. I'm really please with my edges on this one. I changed my process a little bit, and found it works better. I edged and sanded them before molding and baking, and then again afterward with finer grit sandpaper (320... only because I didn't have finer!) followed by burnishing with a drill press and cocobolo burnisher (from Spinner!), dying the edges with black oil dye, Slicked with Fiebings Glycerin soap bar, rubbed with canvas, burnished with wax and then a canvas burnisher in a drill press.

These are all hand stitched, dyed with Fiebing's black pro oil dye, with a light coat of neatsfoot oil after baking, finished with 50/50 resolene/water apllied with a sponge, and a final coat of Sno-Seal to give it a softer, waxier feel than the plasticky acrylic resolene.

Second holster and mag holder set was for an HK45c, and the customer also ordered an IWB holster from me. It turned out to be a good looking set!

owb-front.jpg

closeup.jpg

front-closeup.jpg

back.jpg

edge.jpg

snap-loop-edge.jpg

trim-edge.jpg

hk45c-owb-mag.jpg

Edited by woodandsteel

Very nice job on the holsters. Professional indeed! :thumbsup:

Those look really nice. I did notice two things however, and it might just be the angle of the pictures. The first was the stich line at the top of the gun along the sights. It seems to angle away from the front sight. The other thing was that the belt keepers look pretty small if these are iwb. It looks like the snap will be in the way. How wide of a belt will the Sheriff be wearing? Again, very nice job.

That's a fine looking pair of OWB snap-on holsters and pouches woodandsteel! Nicely done!

Oops, didn't notice that the heading said OWB Snap on.

Those look really nice. I did notice two things however, and it might just be the angle of the pictures. The first was the stich line at the top of the gun along the sights. It seems to angle away from the front sight. The other thing was that the belt keepers look pretty small if these are iwb. It looks like the snap will be in the way. How wide of a belt will the Sheriff be wearing? Again, very nice job.