Baker

Hey Guys!

Hey guys,

I'm new here, and I must say y'all are some really gifted people. The work around here is astounding.

I'm an Ag teacher in Texas and wanted to teach leather tooling to my students, so I figured I had to learn first. Well, since then I have found a new hobbie. I have only been doing it for about a month or 2 now, and im still in the beginner phase, but I think I am good enough to teach the kids now. I hope to be around here for a while and get your feed back on some of my stuff and ideas on how to get better.

Baker

Hiya Baker,

We're glad you joined us. Don't forget to bring a camera to class and post photos of your work and theirs.

Kate

Welcome aboard Baker.:grouphug5vj5:

Baker,

Welcome to the Forum. Glad you joined us. I think you will find a lot of folks willing to help you, not only with your learning experience on leather, but also your class. We may not be able to attend, but we can help with suggestions and any advice that we can offer. Don't be afraid to ask. If you haven't found the coffee and donuts, they are down the hall in the corner and are free. Do you have a local Tandy store/ Have you talked to them? Tandy does have a number of Class Project kits. And Please send pictures and share our pictures with the class. Yes even the mistakes can be used as a teaching lesson.

BillB

Welcome to the best site on the internet!

Like Bill said, don't hesitate to ask questions, and we'll do our best to help you out.

Thanks Guys. I will be sure to take a camera to class and show you what they do. Yes, I do have a local Tandy store and already have one of the starter kits. The kids are extremely excited. I keep telling them once we are done with our beef unit we will do it, so needless to say, they are eager to learn.