Wizcrafts

Randall R132 Strap Cutter With Extra Blades & Spacers

I am posting this for a business associate of mine, who has a custom leathercraft shop in Flint, Michigan.

He is selling his well maintained and highly improved Randall Model 132 strap cutter. The machine was purchased new from Randall, in New York, in 1990. He had it modified by a local machine shop to have heavy duty bearings and grease fittings on the main shafts, ensuring that the shafts will not run dry or go out of round, under the stress of cutting thick leather into straps. The machine originally shipped with one set of blades and spacers. He required more widths of cut and purchased or had manufactured 45 spacers in 4 widths and 4 new blade spacer plates for them. He also purchased about 45 additional type 132 cutting blades, from Randall.

The asking price is $4250. The machine is clean, setup and can be tested in the shop.

More details and lots of photos of the machine, motor-table and the many extra parts are available on this web page.

Anybody interested in viewing or purchasing the Randall 132 strap cutter should call Doug Monroe, at M&M Leather: 810-732-4907, Monday - Saturday, from noon until 6 PM, Eastern Time. This is a cash and carry offer, from Flint, Michigan.

post-11118-075437700 1300559696_thumb.jp

Beautiful but very high even for todays current machinery costs. Is it because its a Randall? We are looking for another Strap cutting machine But Could not come close to the asking price.

I am posting this for a business associate of mine, who has a custom leathercraft shop in Flint, Michigan.

He is selling his well maintained and highly improved Randall Model 132 strap cutter. The machine was purchased new from Randall, in New York, in 1990. He had it modified by a local machine shop to have heavy duty bearings and grease fittings on the main shafts, ensuring that the shafts will not run dry or go out of round, under the stress of cutting thick leather into straps. The machine originally shipped with one set of blades and spacers. He required more widths of cut and purchased or had manufactured 45 spacers in 4 widths and 4 new blade spacer plates for them. He also purchased about 45 additional type 132 cutting blades, from Randall.

The asking price is $4250. The machine is clean, setup and can be tested in the shop.

More details and lots of photos of the machine, motor-table and the many extra parts are available on this web page.

Anybody interested in viewing or purchasing the Randall 132 strap cutter should call Doug Monroe, at M&M Leather: 810-732-4907, Monday - Saturday, from noon until 6 PM, Eastern Time. This is a cash and carry offer, from Flint, Michigan.

post-11118-075437700 1300559696_thumb.jp

Edited by tat2

Guys, there's no need to fight over this. My friend asked me to post the machine for sale with his asking price, which is based on what he paid for the machine and the modifications to it.

If somebody seriously wants to get this machine they should call him and discuss it with him and see where the price goes from there. He doesn't even have an email address at this time. That's why I posted the machine details for him.

I just wanted to know why the value was high. We sell Italian strap cutters for less. Merely curious!

I just wanted to know why the value was high. We sell Italian strap cutters for less. Merely curious!

The value is high because the machine was built entirely IN THE USA, with AMERICAN parts and AMERICAN labor. There are very few machines left that are entirely produced here. I'm sure your Italian machine works fine, but what will it cost to add all the extra blades and spacers that come with this Randall? Does your machine have grease fittings on heavy sealed bearings?

Anyway, you are a dealer, not a buyer. Why are you trolling on my ad?

We are actually thinking of this machine for ourselves, hence asking about the price We are familar with Randall and its outstanding quality in machinery. I needed more info on why it was priced the amount it was. I am a Leather Worker and at times selling l machinery but I would not say I am a dealer. Sorry to "Troll"

Alright guys, lets not bicker. Wiz, there was no reason for the "troll" remark. Tat2, just make him an offer, Wiz can take it back to M&M, he works there.

Art

Market Place Moderator

I apologize for assuming that Tat2 was trolling. This was not the case. Sometimes, things aren't what they appear to be.

Thanks Wiz, But we declined our interest when you called me a Troll. We were looking at the strap cutter and your sewing machine for sale. Best of luck, As a business operator we always excell to the best customer service, Calling a potential customer a Troll is a good way to not make ANY money.

Edited by tat2

Thanks Wiz, But we declined our interest when you called me a Troll. We were looking at the strap cutter and your sewing machine for sale. Best of luck, As a business operator we always excell to the best customer service, Calling a potential customer a Troll is a good way to not make ANY money.

Sorry we had that misunderstanding. I posted this ad as a favor to the fellow I work for on a part time basis. It is his machine.

I think it is a good deal because of all the dozens of extra blades and custom made spacers included with it and the work he had done to add grease fittings and sealed bearings. That machine flat out slices leather backs and bends into straps.

All of the sewing machines that M&M had for sale have been sold already.

The owner of M&M Leather, in Flint Township, Michigan, has asked me to announce that the asking price for the Randall 132R strap cutter has been lowered, to $3600. Anybody who is interested in buying a used, but not abused, American built heavy leather, 14" strap cutter should call Doug Monroe, at: 810-732-4907, between noon and 6 PM, Eastern Time.

There are lots of pictures of the machine and its accessories, on this web page. There is also a long description about its specially made, custom add-ons.

The unit is very heavy and the deal is cash and carry only. No shipping offered. Bring a truck and strong men!

The owner of the Randall R132 belt cutter has asked me to lower the asking price again, to $3500.

The description and photos are found here

Anybody wishing to purchase the machine should call Doug Monroe, at: 810-732-4907, between noon and 6 PM, Eastern Time.

Doug has informed me that he might be willing to trade the Randall R132 strap cutter (with all extra parts) for an Adler 205-374, complete, in good working condition.

Otherwise, the machine is still for sale for $3500, cash and carry, Flint, Michigan. If you want it shipped, you'll have to pay him extra for palletizing it, etc.

Since his business hours now vary, please leave a message on his machine if nobody answers your call. His name and number is:

Doug Monroe

810-732-4907

SOLD

Please close topic.