pitman

from Poland

Hallo - I'm from Poland and I start with leather work in this year.

klepka2ky1tl9.th.jpg pristlo4bx5.th.jpg

dwie1rs3pd2.th.jpg dwie2rq1fv3.th.jpg dwie4fw2cg3.th.jpg

kobra1rc6go5.th.jpg kobra2bh3yd4.th.jpg

kobra4an2nt8.th.jpg

opinel1ra2jf8.th.jpg opinel3sx4fn9.th.jpg

If someone can help me - I'm looking some stuff in web about leather lacing for another project. Thx

Welcome to the site, those are some beautiful sheaths, great work, and as far as info on lacing, if you can't find what you need to know from the folks on here, then it can't be done. Welcome again, Rusty

Edited by rustyriggin

Welcome to leatherworker. Really beautifu work you have done. Thank you for sharing those pictures.

You will probably need to ask a little more specific question on lacing.

pitman, welcome to the fourm, it's great to have new people show up each day from all parts of the world. It gives us all perspective as to how things are done in diferent parts of the world.

Your work looks really nice, very well constructed, thanks for posting.

Regarding lacing, if you ask a question about anything in the "How Do I Do That" section of the forum, many people will give you answers and help you out.

Ken

Hi and welcome Pitman!

Fancy sheaths you got there!

This place got some stuff on braiding:http://www.btinternet.com/~kingsmerecrafts/

If you can find a copy of Bruce Grants book Leather braiding (available through Tandys) you have some intense braiding ahead of you.

Tom

TomSwede - thank you, I was looking this web site for 4 weeks :] because I forgot.

Well, there you go!

Have fun!

Tom

Great work for someone who just started in the last year... glad you joined us!

I have Polish heritage, and am interested in seeing all that is being done with leather in Poland. Hope to see lots more of your work, and that of other artisans in Poland as well.

Kate

Hi Pitman welcome to the forum, they are some top notch sheaths you have made there, Don

Hi Pitman,

nice sheaths you make ! Nice to have you aboard.

I have a question. Where do you get your materials such as thread, closure & fasteners ??

Do you have a salesman in Poland ??

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Marcel

Hallo

We have only shops for cobblers or vesicles. Leather craft isn't popular in Poland. I don't know any site in polish about this hobby. Every thing what I have, I bought on ebay :/

Beautiful work. It looks like you've been doing leather work much longer than a year!

ArtS

Mile widziany do umiejscowienie , i zadowolony wobec mieć ty tutaj. Twój praca jest bardzo dobry pod kątem pewien nowy leatherworker. Dobry dzień!

Johanna

Okay, I cheated (thanks Daddy & an online translator!)

What I said was "Welcome to the site, and glad to have you here. Your work is very good for a new leatherworker." Looking forward to seeing more.

Johanna

Welcome, Pitman. Nice work.

I'd also like to know where in Eastern and Central Europe one could by all necessary supplies. My fiancee is Polish and would prefer to live in Poland than the US. I also like the idea of running the leather business from Poland but not sure about taxes and supply sources.

Ed

In Poland for 100% we don't have any "leather craft" shop. All what we need is from internet or cobblers shop. In USA, i think, leather crafting is a kind of folk, like for example, embroidering at the polish mountains.

In Poland for 100% we don't have any "leather craft" shop. All what we need is from internet or cobblers shop. In USA, i think, leather crafting is a kind of folk, like for example, embroidering at the polish mountains.

I was thinking that leather crafting might be something done in the Tatries, the Polish mountains, but, as you say, their thing is embroidering.

Maybe this is all the more reason to start up a leather business in Poland.

I've made a sheath for my new knife /my first custom knife made for me by polish knife maker/. Black oak on hand.

nozy1se8.jpg

Very nice and clean sheath, just the type that proves that proves that sometimes "less is more". The white stitching is very nice going with the white snake inlays.

Like the symmetrical shape of it too.

Tom

Very nice work indeed! Welcome to the forums! :cowboy:

If you have not seen these websites yet, you may want to look at them

http://www.knifemakers.pl/

http://www.customknives.pl/

I found out about these sites from another forum I belong to where some of our members are from Poland.

Once again glad to have you aboard.

Nick

I know, I know - Im in. But there is a little about leather crafting. Sometimes about knives sheath only.

I made this for tutorial and for my friends keys.

20mo8.jpg

Hi Pitman,

My wife was looking over my shoulder and wanted me to tell you that she graduated from High school in Legnica Poland in 1987. What area do you live in?

Extremely nice work you do.

Very nice work pitman! What sewing machine are you using?

Hands and 2 needles :] /I wan't to buy machine for thin leather. For wallets, belts etc. /