SteelcityK9Cop

Lessons To Learn About Sewing With A Machine......

Lessons to Learn From..... Feel Free to Add.

I always sew a test piece before sewing a holster or belt just to loosen up. Lucky today I did. I get about three stitches in and hear a moaning noise coming from the machine. I stop immediately and try to remove the test piece from my CB4500 without success. There is a bird's nest of thread coming out from the bobbin housing. I cut the piece loose and start over with the same result. I finally figure out that the top thread has popped out of the lead tension disk somehow.... most likely when I raised the presser foot at some point. No idea why it happened tho. Always check your thread before you sew!

Check how much thread is on the bobbin too, pulling out stitches because the bobbin ran out 3 stitches short sucks, just saying

Make sure the thread is running through that last hole in the needle bar just before the needle. I missed it and couldn't believe how much the needle pulled to the left... even burred the needle as it rubbed up against something.