Here are some pics of my first successful IWB holster. The first attempt rode too high and felt top heavy. This one seems to ride just about right.

It has about a 15 degree cant.

I tried a mahogany/black 2-tone finish. The main color is mahogany w/black edges, loops & inside. Still need to put a top coat on but want to try something like one of the Weaver Kotes or Fiebings Bage Kote.

Critique away...

Holster_013.jpg

Holster_014.jpg

Holster_015.jpg

post-8124-1231714274_thumb.jpg

post-8124-1231714282_thumb.jpg

post-8124-1231714292_thumb.jpg

Very nice design, and your execution is very good. You won't regret trying Fiebings Bag Kote.

Looks really good. I like the design and I make one similar and love carrying it.

What weight leather are you using?

Nice Holster like the Loops :cheers:

Looks really good. I like the design and I make one similar and love carrying it.

What weight leather are you using?

It's supposed to be 7/8...but seems a bit on the light side. It's the lower grade leather thru Tandy. That's part of the reason I had the post on polishing the inside. But until I'm done experimenting I don't need to spend the $ I high end leather. Besides, I'm more concerned about it working than looking the best at this point.

Thanks for the compliments.

It looks like you're headed in the right direction. If I could make a suggestion, you might want to figure out how to leave more clearance between the rear belt loop and the pistol's grip. It looks like the position it is in may interfere with easily obtaining a full grip on the pistol, which is important for a carry gun.

It looks like you're headed in the right direction. If I could make a suggestion, you might want to figure out how to leave more clearance between the rear belt loop and the pistol's grip. It looks like the position it is in may interfere with easily obtaining a full grip on the pistol, which is important for a carry gun.

I had the same concern when drawing up the pattern. Now that I have it done and on it seems to be ok. With that said, I did move the belt loops down about 1/8" because the holster is just barely above the pants. But I want to keep it as low as possible. Something else to pay attention to when drawing up future patterns.

Thanks for the input. I have a lot to learn from you guys and it's GREAT that pros like yourself are willing to help flunkies like me!

:You_Rock_Emoticon: