Sign in to follow this  
Wicked Easy Tack Shop

Hand Painting Bronc Halters Need Help

Hi, I had recently decided to hand paint my designs on bronc halters but my only problems are I need to know where is the best places to get the leather or broncs I need and what is the best kind of leather to use? I already have my paints and finishers ordered just need to know where to get the leather and what kind to use. Thanks any and all help is greatly Appreciated! Here is just one of my many designs I have been making by drawing :)

post-31505-075072700 1337287773_thumb.jp

Hi:

Do you plan on tooling the pieces for your bronc halters or are you just planning on painting the pieces? If you plan on painting only I think you can get away with pre-finished leather in the thickness you want. I've read where paints will NOT stick to oil tanned leather, so that is something to think about and or test.

Good luck

No I do not plan on tooling the leathers right now just paint it. I will try the pre-finished leather and possibly test the oil tanned leather (I can always buy a Preparer/deglazer that would prob help with that.) Do you know where the best place is to get this leather? as I heard you have to have a Business store to get it from weaver leather? Thanks for the help!

Hi:

Do you plan on tooling the pieces for your bronc halters or are you just planning on painting the pieces? If you plan on painting only I think you can get away with pre-finished leather in the thickness you want. I've read where paints will NOT stick to oil tanned leather, so that is something to think about and or test.

Good luck

No I do not plan on tooling the leathers right now just paint it. I will try the pre-finished leather and possibly test the oil tanned leather (I can always buy a Preparer/deglazer that would prob help with that.) Do you know where the best place is to get this leather? as I heard you have to have a Business store to get it from weaver leather? Thanks for the help!

I really don't have any idea unless Springfield leather carries it.