TimKleffner

Sheridan Show Classes

Greetings All

If any one is interested in attending the Sheridan Leather Show in May, PLEASE, contact the Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal and inquire about the calender of events i.e. classes throughout the week. PLEASE call DAVID REIS at 715. 362. 5393 and ask for a schedule. They can also be contacted via their web site www.leathercraftersjournal.com .

If you have given any consideration about going to Sheridan and attending any classes, PLEASE PLEASE call and make your intentions known.

Happy tooling

Tim

I just heard today that Dave is cancelling quite a few classes already. Anybody know what's up???

Clay

I heard the same thing. I'm hoping that if everyone calls, We'll get the classes back. I believe that the classes taught by Master / Senior leather crafters/artisans are an important part of the show.

If we can call and let him know we 'the students' of the show support the classes, David will get the message.

Thanks

Tim

Do you know what's been canceled, Tim? It seems early to start cancelling.......

I just spoke with Brian at Leathercrafter's Journal. He told me they are still working on the last minutes details of the classes. Nothing has been cancelled. They had hoped to have it all settled before Wickenburg but that did not happen. The printed list should be available in a couple of weeks. The class list may be available on the website a few days sooner. Check around March 10th.

Claire

David called me on Thurs and said he has to cancel some classes as he had over booked the Holiday. He cancled my pricing class and the ASMA Saddle Makers Breakfast Gathering would have to find another venue.

Bob

Dave called me, too, and canceled my figure carving class. He said he had 15 similar calls to make, so I have a feeling he was terribly overbooked. They put a new person in charge of workshops, and I guess that got them into trouble. There's only so much room for workshops there. I am very disappointed that they chose to cancel mine. There have been no figure carving classes in Sheridan for a long time. I know some people who want one. I've been trying to get Dave to let me teach one, and he always comes back with Bob Beard's class, which he calls figure carving, but it's not. He does pictorial carving, trees, bushes, rocks, mountains and such. I would not be in competition with Bob, I would teach specifics on an animal, nothing else. I don't know how to get Dave to see this.

Kathy

Now my class is back on. I think it's just a case of disorganization. Hopefully they will get it together and have the book out soon. There is quite a line up of classes, so there won't be a problem finding one you like.

Jan's classes are back on now too. He's doing one on an embossed dog, boxer I think. He's also doing one on different hairing techniques and coloring.

howdy gang

just wondering who all is gonna try to get sheridan in may for the show let me know so i can try to meet as many of you as possible

thans guys and gals

Cowboy316

I already blocked the dates out on my calendar, and I want to drive this year because there are so many side trips to make. You'll recognize me right away- short lady, cheap imported purse. I went last year, and it was sooooo much fun. The people are great, the leather vendors are awesome, the hotel is clean and friendly, Kings Saddlery is in town, along with Sheridan Leather Outfitters. There are beautiful places to explore and historic sites nearby...but the real deal for your leatherworkers are the classes! Go to the Saddlers Journal website and sign up now. You won't regret hanging out with some of the very best teachers in Leather Land.

~J

We will be there. Talked to David Reis at LCSJ today and we will have a booth in the atrium area, sounds like close to the end with the resaurant. Looking forward to meeting people and putting some faces to names.

Thinking about it. Is this the 21 thru 23 of may correct.

May have to take some leave and go on a road trip. If I bring my scoot I wont be tempted to blow all my money lol.

As of now, I am planning on being there on Friday afternoon and having my two boys in the under 18 leather carving class on Saturday morning. Not sure about a room yet. I guess I should try for one right there.

Thinking about it. Is this the 21 thru 23 of may correct.

May have to take some leave and go on a road trip. If I bring my scoot I wont be tempted to blow all my money lol.

I made it to Sheridan, maybe in 97 or 98? Only trade show I've been able to make it too. Don Kings museum was worth the road trip! I could've spent a couple more days in there.... Just go! Take a camera, cuz you'll use it.

And no worries, you can empty your pockets of jingle, and still carry it away in just your pockets!

I made my reservations at the Holiday Inn today. The only rooms they have available are the block for the Leather Show and there aren't many left. All the other rooms are sold out. I think she said $92 a night. I plan to get in Thursday sometime.

Johanna

When you call the Holiday Inn, be persistent in getting them to check for open rooms. I called last week and was told there were no rooms and there was nothing booked for Leathercrafters, so I booked at the Mill Inn instead. ($55.00 per night at the LC rate.) I called Holiday Inn again today just to double check and was again told there were no rooms. When I persistently asked about Leathercrafters, she did eventually find the open rooms. She said "I never look at that screen." So be persistent, and there is one more room available than there would have been if the clerk was well trained...

ME TOO!

I called the Sheridan Best Western, and was told they are booked completely for the week. I too called Mill Inn and was able to book my stay for $55 a night. That's a whole lot less per night than the Holiday INN.

See Ya'll there

Tim

Hi all! I will be there as well. Please come and visit with me in my booth, I will be looking forward to it. Thanks, Steve

I'll be there, but I'm leaving my yaks at home.

If they still allow Cajuns that far north and the creeks don't rise, my wife and I plan to attend. We are hoping to see old friends and make new ones. Sorry about the previous post.

Best Regards,

Richard Hidalgo

Myself and son Riley will be in sometime on Thurs, will be staying at the Mill Inn.

Randy

Richard, if they allow Canadians that far south, I'll bet they allow Cajuns that far north! :) It will be good to meet up with you again.

Richard, if they allow Canadians that far south, I'll bet they allow Cajuns that far north! smile.gif It will be good to meet up with you again.

Denise,

Are you going to get out of pounding trees while at Sheridan or can you bring them with you? I will be there for the Sheridan Leather customer appreciation and on Saturday. I'll stop in and introduce myself. Looking for ward to meeting you and Rod.