I finally got my first wallet finished up. There are some things I would definitely change/watch out for next time. But, all in all I'm pretty happy with it.

Actually the whole thing was full of firsts - first time working with thin tooling leather, pig lining, buckstitch lacing, etc...... Good fun either way.

post-22094-000360600 1340566138_thumb.jp

post-22094-062531400 1340566148_thumb.jp

post-22094-063035400 1340566157_thumb.jp

post-22094-027066200 1340566170_thumb.jp

Edited by Cyberthrasher

Nice looking...I like the interior! I think wallets are fun.

Allen it's beautiful. I love the pyramid and phoenix. You are so artistic. The lacing looks great, love the scalloped insides. Did I mention I like this? LOL. Cheryl

Thanks guys. The pyramid was a design we drew up for my friends tattoo a while ago. While deciding what to do for his wallet, that was all he could think of to use. But, it looked like someone wearing glasses when open if I put it on both sides, so I came up with the phoenix for the other side.

I think my biggest issue was the stretchiness of the pig lining for the insert. It was just really hard to keep accurate since I'm so used to working with 8/9 for everything I do.

Either way, I know he's really happy with it. We even added the eyelet for his chain when I delivered it, so he got to watch a little bit of the work.

I am doing a pictorial story kinda of what I do when I make a guitar strap at the request of my VOW counselor. He's amazed at everything that goes into it and thinks it will help to have a scrapbook type thing of the pictures for craft fairs, etc. I bet your friend loved watching you do that additional work. Cheryl