Prince

Black and Silver Armor

Yet another shameless plug. Here is the end result of the 'Black and Silver' commission. Description follows:

We've got the breastplate with wet molded 'muscled' chest.

Articulated cuirass.

Lots of carving and embossing.

Incredibly solid with a lot of overlapped plates and hardening.

High Collar

Cool new Pauldron design

Greaves with high knee

Unusual sabbaton design

Scale 'Super Skirt' with hundreds of 'floating' scales where each of which are hand molded and, dyed, painted, studded, and assembled. Incredibly solid and a bit heavy but doesn't restrict movement at all.

It's got full articulated arms with the elbow cop, vambrace, and rerebrace. Similar to metal plate designs.

This is the first set of armor where I've tooled the Prince Armory logo into it. Shows up nicely in this pic.

The mannequin doesn't wear the armor well at all. As usual. 90% of the armors I make are commissioned and are made to fit a certain person. A disproportioned 6' 4" mannequin doesn't really do the armors justice. I think there will be an immense difference when the intended wearer of this piece and hopefully they'll get some photos to me.

All leather construction by the way held together with rivets, chicago screws, and floating retaining straps.

Design and intricate work by me but a a lot of props go to my assistant and friend, Chris, on this one for a lot of the work on it.

It doesn't have a name but if it had the right type of helmet I'd probably want to call it the "Leather Iron Man" armor haha

Hope you all like it.

IMG_3862.JPG

post-2541-1209663148_thumb.jpg

Awesome! I especially love the tooling detail, and the little scales are just out of this world, particularly where you change color on them. Very beautiful!

Azmal, even though you seldom have time to hang around and chit chat to much with us I'm very glad you're here. Your posts are truly pure eyecandy even for someone not historically inclined (I think).

Stunning work as usual, keep 'em coming!!

Tom

Yet another shameless plug. Here is the end result of the 'Black and Silver' commission. Description follows:

We've got the breastplate with wet molded 'muscled' chest.

Articulated cuirass.

Lots of carving and embossing.

Incredibly solid with a lot of overlapped plates and hardening.

High Collar

Cool new Pauldron design

Greaves with high knee

Unusual sabbaton design

Scale 'Super Skirt' with hundreds of 'floating' scales where each of which are hand molded and, dyed, painted, studded, and assembled. Incredibly solid and a bit heavy but doesn't restrict movement at all.

It's got full articulated arms with the elbow cop, vambrace, and rerebrace. Similar to metal plate designs.

This is the first set of armor where I've tooled the Prince Armory logo into it. Shows up nicely in this pic.

The mannequin doesn't wear the armor well at all. As usual. 90% of the armors I make are commissioned and are made to fit a certain person. A disproportioned 6' 4" mannequin doesn't really do the armors justice. I think there will be an immense difference when the intended wearer of this piece and hopefully they'll get some photos to me.

All leather construction by the way held together with rivets, chicago screws, and floating retaining straps.

Design and intricate work by me but a a lot of props go to my assistant and friend, Chris, on this one for a lot of the work on it.

It doesn't have a name but if it had the right type of helmet I'd probably want to call it the "Leather Iron Man" armor haha

Hope you all like it.

Azmal,

Nice work! The Prince Armory logo looks really REGAL. It appears that you have used the western floral carving. Did you intend to not have design symmetry on the breast plate and shoulder/arm plates & cuffs? I look for design symmetry and pattern flow. I guess that's the show Judge coming out in me-sorry. Please don't take it personally. Your design and construction is very good. What time period does this represent? I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Indy :cheers:

Edited by indypbear

Stunning. Absolutely amazing.

Love it. Pretty cool how you work your leather.

true genius. although I would do something different with the gloves. thank you for sharing this, I always admire your work. especially loved the lion set. keep up the hard work, you have set the bar high

Another great looking suit Azmal, very well done. I'm with Duke on this one also, the gloves are a bit much.

Ken

All I can say is HOLY :censored2: ! That's :censored2: awesome!!

Troy

Hi Azmal,

It's always fun to see what you have been up to. I can't imagine even starting a project that big but you just keep whipping them out. I really like the way you decorated this one with some tooling. I am a little surprised, but I even like the color over the tooling. Nice job and thanks for the pictures.

All I can say is HOLY :censored2: ! That's :censored2: awesome!!

Troy

:16: Couldn't have said it any better myself!!

haha well the gloves are just there to hide the mannequins broken off fingers. They had to be broken off to fit gauntlets on to the hands. At any rate the client has decided to commission the gauntlets and helmet too so it'll really be a complete suit

Thanks everyone