chriscraft

Custom Board Track Racer Saddle

So I recently started making these 1920's vintage style Board Track Racer Saddles for a motorized bicycle builder. This project is still in the works and I'm still improving on construction but things are look good so far. This saddle I made will be mounted on a Racer that will attempt to set a new Land Speed record in the salt flats of Utah. So I decided to carve a vintage board track racer image and include the drivers name/number like on most race car paint jobs. The racer already grabs your attention with a standard saddle but I just wanted to add a little more detail so when you walk up to the racer, the seats also grabs your attention. I think I succeeded with my creation.

post-38453-0-76391600-1376355261_thumb.j

post-38453-0-33520300-1376355266_thumb.j

post-38453-0-47085500-1376355269_thumb.j

Nice Job !!! How fast does he have to go to break the record ?

Nice seat and nice bike too. Any info you can pass on about the builder? Do they have a site or anything. I'd like to see more.

That is too cool.

BAD ASS!!!!!!!!

TUFF seat

From what I was told, these are direct drive motorized bicycles. These have no transmissions to select gears from. So all you have is just one gear.

To break the previous record, all he had to do is maintain a consistent speed of 79+ MPH. There is more involved than just going over the past record speed just once. Have to be able to run the track both ways as you may have a head wind assisting you in one direction and those speeds are averaged out. Then if you break a record speed , your vehicle is held at impound for tech inspection overnight. Then you need to run the following day and be able to back up your top speed again in order to go down in the record books.

I was told by PAT that he was able to break the record and now is the new speed record holder in that class. Previous record was 78.048 mph and new record is 80.438 mph. It was an amazing story with a blown engine to repair on the salt lake while the clock was ticking between runs. He and his crew were somehow able to put together another racing motor from parts and get it inspected ready to run. Yet a great ending as he was able to bring home a trophy. Congrats Pat.

I'm looking forward to the pictures from this event. Pat told me he has a nice photo of a Magazine Model sitting on my tooled seat. Will post photos soon. Chris

post-38453-0-92640200-1376854477_thumb.j

Edited by chriscraft

Very nice work!