Sign in to follow this  
yeringtonmike

Trophy Buckle Purses

My wife wants me to make a purse for her so she can attach her trophy buckles (one at a time). I have seen the purses with the belt running across the front of the purse, but she wants one that doesn't show the belt. I'm pretty sure on how to do it, but want any input that might help me and eliminate the headaches associated with first time projects. I'm making a boot purse, and want the interchangeable buckle mount in the center.

I was going to make a short version of a belt coming from the inside, attach with a concho for decoration on each side, but was wondering if anyone has made one and if the pressure of the short pieces will keep the buckle from coming undone? Any help or ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

I have made a ton of em with the belt but I have never had an order for a beltless version.

Tim

TK-Leather

I have made a ton of em with the belt but I have never had an order for a beltless version.

Tim

TK-Leather

Do you have a pattern for your Trophy Buckle Purse that you would be willing to share? Thanks Deb

Pm me deb and we can work somethin out. haha

Its pretty darn simple.

Tim

Pm me deb and we can work somethin out. haha

Its pretty darn simple.

Tim

I'm glad you two got together. grouphug5vj5.gif I don't know about Tim, but I design as I go, don't need a pattern. Deb if you want a buckle purse like Tim makes, make any type of purse that you can attach a piece of belt to each side and design the ends like a regular belt. They are quite simple. What you do after that is the work part of the job.

Thanks to everyone, but I figured out how to attach the buckle without the long pieces of belt, it's attched without the belt showing. Thanks again for your brain storming, but got it figured out. Mike

Does anyone HAVE a DIY video for buckle purses? I am looking as well....