HARVEY

Cool Font For Carving - What Is It?

In the most current issue of Leathercrafter's Jrnl (Jan/Feb 2012), opposite page 42 is a full-page ad for The Antik Corporation. The red-lettered categories are in a cool font. Anybody recognize it? I'd like to find a full alphabet of it on-line.

Thanks!

Harvey

Harvey, I haven't seen it yet, but if you go to dafont, they have a LOT of free fonts and you may be able to find it there......

Bobby

I regstered at Da Font and downloaded a font but all i see when open the zip file is ( the quick brown fox jumped ). How do you print the words or letters you want ? I'd really appreciate it if somebody would explain how it works.

John

Edited by dirtclod

Hi John,

You have to install the font so it can be used on your computer. On a Mac, simply unzip the file, and drag it into your font book. I'm not a Windows user, so I can't help with that, but you coulf probably Google How to install a new font on my PC for the answer.

Dave

I regstered at Da Font and downloaded a font but all i see when open the zip file is ( the quick brown fox jumped ). How do you print the words or letters you want ? I'd really appreciate it if somebody would explain how it works.

John

When you open the .ttf (true type font) file you'll see the repeating text displaying the font style. Along the very top of that screen you should see an "Install" button, just click it and Windows will import it.

If you have a really old version of windows, you can manually install it by opening an Windows Explorer window (Start>Programs>Windows Explorer), select My Computer, then open the Fonts folder. You may have to open the C: drive (or your main hard drive) folder to get to the font folder. Drag and drop the .ttf file into the Fonts folder and then restart the computer. The reason for the restart is that not all programs will recognize a new font mid-run, a restart ensures that they'll pick it up.

Edited by Spinner

Well i think my computer must be screwed up and i know i'm not to smart. I opened up fonts on the control panel and i couldn't get them to open either. It was the same thing with thing ( the quick brown fox ). Tried to update windows and it won't let me do that either. Sounds like it might be time for a new computer..LOL.

Bison and Spinner thank you for the suggestions and your help.

John

Went to DAFONT today and downloaded a few fonts. USE CAUTION !!!!!!!!!!! One, or more of them wiped out my system and now going through a long rebuild but wanted to let everyone know what I ran into.

Must be something new as the security program could not detect it.

I am not a computer tech and have no idea which font it was.

Papyrus is a link to it's wiki.

There are a couple of Papyrus modified fonts out that look a little better. Cool font, way overused.

Art

In the most current issue of Leathercrafter's Jrnl (Jan/Feb 2012), opposite page 42 is a full-page ad for The Antik Corporation. The red-lettered categories are in a cool font. Anybody recognize it? I'd like to find a full alphabet of it on-line.

Thanks!

Harvey