Eccho

Stohlman Skivers On Sale At Tandy

I have the french skiver and just love the darn thing, but of course I paid full price for it. They are now on sale on line only for $19.99 compared a regular price of $79.99. Sounds like a good deal to me. IMHO

Actually here is a link to them at the Tandy outlet. They also have the Japanese and English styles as well

http://www.tandyleatheroutlet.com/p-307-al-stohlman-brand-french-style-skiving-knife.aspx

Edited by Stephenpuhakish

I have the English one and paid a lot for it

I kept the advert as for $20 I might get both the Japanese and French ones

Yes, I think maybe I will purchase the other two as well. Kind of burns me though that they can knock $60.00 off, just like that. It doesn't even say limited quantities.

neat...i might need to get one then..

When Tandy drops the price like this, it usually means it is a closeout. If you want one act quick.

They're only $20 on the outlet site because they are discontinuing them Eccho. :(

You guys are a bad influence

Wife will kill me yet again

But it's a good deal!!

Thought I'd take advantage of this great offer and order myself the French and the Japanese version $40 is a great price.

Got through the registration process and went to checkout only to find that standard international shipping comes out at $50!!!

Knives are at a great price but that kind of shipping rip off goes against all my principles I'm afraid, shame really........oh well.........

Order Cancelled.

Cheers

Zip

www.zipsleather.com

Gee, thanks guys, I ordered the English and the Japanese one......

Thanks! Purchased all three!

Cya!

Bob

Wife will kill me yet again

WScott, our official zombie leather worker...

What an interesting mascot we have, now... :P

WScott, our official zombie leather worker...

What an interesting mascot we have, now... :P

There is an old saying....."A married man dies a thousand deaths, a bachelor dies just one"

Wish the outlet stuff didn't JUST come from the US. I gave up on it when I wanted to order a few vest kits for $5 each and they wanted to charge me something like $70 to ship them.

The cost of shipping 3 knives to Oz would be +- $US15.00. I'd be happy to help out and reship to Oz or Spain. The cost to Spain was more..$US21.00. Tandy charged $10 for domestic shipping on 3 knives.

So by the time you paid domestic + International shipping you are looking at +-$25 and $31.

Cya!

Bob

Edited by BDAZ

I actually use a regular bushcraft knife for skiving most of the time, but I'll definitely have to think about those...

The cost of shipping 3 knives to Oz would be +- $US15.00. I'd be happy to help out and reship to Oz or Spain. The cost to Spain was more..$US21.00. Tandy charged $10 for domestic shipping on 3 knives.

So by the time you paid domestic + International shipping you are looking at +-$25 and $31.

Cya!

Bob

Thanks for your very kind offer Bob, I'm going to give it some serious thought.

Cheers

Zip

Yes the shipping to Canada was not bad at $15.00US. However, the cost from Canada to the US, is outrageous. I have my Paypal set up to add 40% of the purchase price to account for shipping and it is almost right on when shipping in country, in either case, as I live in each country 6 months of the year. But I shipped a 1.5 oz. package from Ontario Canada to California and standard mail was $13.60 and if I wanted it with a tracking number it would have been $26.10. In the US I can add tracking to any package for $1.50. And they wonder why Canada Post is going out of business. Sorry to hijack the thread........I get on a rant sometimes....I'm old :>)

Anyone know where these knives are made?

Thought I'd take advantage of this great offer and order myself the French and the Japanese version $40 is a great price.

Got through the registration process and went to checkout only to find that standard international shipping comes out at $50!!!

Knives are at a great price but that kind of shipping rip off goes against all my principles I'm afraid, shame really........oh well.........

Order Cancelled.

Cheers

Zip

www.zipsleather.com

Yep, I live 20 miles from their factory outlet and it cost me 10 dollars.

Anyone know where these knives are made?

China or Taiwan

China or Taiwan

I figured. Edited by J Hayes

I just bought one. My first skiver.