Suicide

How To Mark Stitch Holes On The Deerskin?

Hi everybody,

I'd like to mark stitching holes on the deerskin to have even spacing and punch it later on. I tried to use overstitching wheel but on the deerskin marks are almost invisible and almost disappear after couple of minutes.

Is there any other and more handy ways rather than mark holes on the pattern's paper and then trace them 1by1 with the marker? Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

A silver ink pen is helpful here. Fisher Pens has them in their economy line.

Use your over stitch whele and follow up with the silver pen. It can be erased from the leather. Make sure with a test first tho.

You can also use a pair of dividers, . . . takes a while, . . . but they WILL BE evenly spaced if you do it correctly.

May God bless,

Dwight

Hi everybody,

I'd like to mark stitching holes on the deerskin to have even spacing and punch it later on. I tried to use overstitching wheel but on the deerskin marks are almost invisible and almost disappear after couple of minutes.

Is there any other and more handy ways rather than mark holes on the pattern's paper and then trace them 1by1 with the marker? Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

I like a very fine point red ink felt tip pen. You can even draw lines with red ink if you're going to dye your project, as the red ink will hide when the dye goes on. Test it on scrap if you're not sure.

Edited by Billsotx

Use masking tape then use your overstitch wheel on the tape - it will leave holes in tape, stitch it up, peel off tape.