Sign in to follow this  
MADMAX22

441 Stitch Adjustment Question

OK so I think I am starting to get ahang of this 441 clone I have. I seem to not have any issues for the most part sewing pretty thick stuff say two 8oz layers or more. The issue I am running into is when sewing two thinner pieces of leather. This belt I was working on is two layers of 5oz. It is about 5oz horse lined with about 5oz cow.

It seems to stitch just fine for a while then it will randomly pull the bottom thread up to the top. I am not sure which adjustment I need to tweak some. The other stitches seem to be centered very well.

Sorry if this is a simple adjustment to fix, Im just not that experienced with sewing machines much less with these big stitchers.

Thanks for any help.

post-5781-093266200 1306219802_thumb.jpg

post-5781-059281700 1306219813_thumb.jpg

Hi Max

Have you passed the tread through the Post with all the holes in it first? What I see in your Photo's is usually caused by Kinks in the Thread getting caught in the top Tension Disks. Hard laid threads usually do this. By threading through the holes several times it takes the Kinks out and stops the Stitches being pulled to the surface. Watch the Thread carefully when you pull some off the Cop and let it slacken, it will naturally twist into itself into a kink. This is what causes the problem.

I hope this helps you.

Kindest Regards.

Jim Saddler.

OK so I think I am starting to get ahang of this 441 clone I have. I seem to not have any issues for the most part sewing pretty thick stuff say two 8oz layers or more. The issue I am running into is when sewing two thinner pieces of leather. This belt I was working on is two layers of 5oz. It is about 5oz horse lined with about 5oz cow.

It seems to stitch just fine for a while then it will randomly pull the bottom thread up to the top. I am not sure which adjustment I need to tweak some. The other stitches seem to be centered very well.

Sorry if this is a simple adjustment to fix, Im just not that experienced with sewing machines much less with these big stitchers.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks Jim Ill give it a shot tonight after work.

Corey,

Check to see that ur eyes @ the top of the thread stand in aligned with the base that the spool sets on.

Bob

Thanks Bob, that is one thing I usually check thanks to your videos. Ill have to watch the thread tonight while I do some more stitching. One thing I totally forgot about was that I had rethreaded it and where you go thru the bottom tentioner I had been doing like Wiz and others have said and gone thru the silver eye, around twice backout thru the silver eye then thru the black eye before going up to the take up lever (think thats what it is called). When I rethreaded it I just went thru the silver eye once around once and a half then thru the black eye. Not sure if this would be that big of a deal but Ill give it a try and swap it back and see if that works a little better.

do it as wiz says! Down through the silver, round and round, back through the silver and then the black.

Nothing but net!!!

Remember the instructions are in CHINEEESE!NEWFUNNYPOST.gif