cjswim

Braided Knot slides

:helpsmilie: Who knows how to braid a sliding knot for a braided lanyard? I am new to this and was hoping someone could direct me.

:helpsmilie: Who knows how to braid a sliding knot for a braided lanyard? I am new to this and was hoping someone could direct me.

I'd use a turk's head of at least 6 bights and wrap a piece of 2-3 oz leather over the 2 lanyard strings first. Weave your knot over that.

I'd use a turk's head of at least 6 bights and wrap a piece of 2-3 oz leather over the 2 lanyard strings first. Weave your knot over that.
Thanks friend. I also saw a pineapple knot I really liked. Now I just need to find out what that means.
I'm sure there's a few to choose from, but I've found that the turkshead is a pretty easy one to make a slide with.http://www.kingsmerecrafts.com/page71.htmlHere's a link to a 'how to'.
Thanks, I will check it out. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to us newbies.

Thanks friend. I also saw a pineapple knot I really liked. Now I just need to find out what that means.Thanks, I will check it out. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to us newbies.

You're welcome. :)

Here's a link that will show you how to weave the 6 bight turk's head.

Bights are the "bumps" created at each end of the knot when the direction of the weave changes.

I like to tie a 4 bight turk's head with flesh side out onto the lanyards. Tie it tight enough that it has some resistance when sliding it but not too loose. Then tie a 6 bight pineapple knot over the foundation turk's head. Tie it tight enough that it won't come undone. It will also help to grab the lanyards but still slide.

Also, you need to make sure the lanyards have been rolled smooth.

Hope that helps

Jerry