This is my first attempt at a form fitting pancake holster, from an Outrider pattern. It is rough, but I learned most of the techniques, just need to hone quality a bit. I also lined the holster.

AC

Holster 001.jpg

Holster 002.jpg

Holster 003.jpg

post-14730-127342749701_thumb.jpg

post-14730-127342751762_thumb.jpg

post-14730-127342753397_thumb.jpg

Very nice work AC; should do the job just fine;;;Doc..

That looks to be a very well done.

AC,

Wow...that was fast. The holster looks really good...one thing you should try and work on is the belt slots...they don't have to be that wide and should be boned as smooth as possible...your right practice makes perfect....it will come with time. Also, try an re-inforce the rear thumb snap strap (at the snap). I think the holster is really great.

Outrider

Edited by tennoutrider

AC,

Wow...that was fast. The holster looks really good...one thing you should try and work on is the belt slots...they don't have to be that wide and should be boned as smooth as possible...your right practice makes perfect....it will come with time. Also, try an re-inforce the rear thumb snap strap (at the snap). I think the holster is really great.

Outrider

Thanks Outrider, The slots were a problem, should have cut them after sewing, also does anyone make a 3/8" wide 2" or 1 3/4" bag punch? That would make the holes cleaner. I have seen a 1/4" one. Is 3/8" too wide of a cut? The tab snap works great. The holster is lined and I think that is the reason the tab curles over a bit. The gun did not go into the holster as deep as it should have, as I didn't adjust the size of the holster. Thanks again.

AC

AC,

Weaver Leather, sells punches up to 2" but they are expensive...called Master Tools and the entire set is in the $500.00 range. I buy them one or two at a time...also, I usually cut the slots before I put the front and rear sections together...when I glue them I align the slots for a good fit then I adjust the outer main seam.(sand it or trim it down)..then stitch. remember the front panel of the holster is approx. 1/2" larger than the back panel...allows for a better fit. If you are lining...always allow at least 1/8" for the thickness of the lining..with this type holstewr the adjustment can be done by relocating and adjusting the stitch lines ...as far as the width of the belt slot....3/8 is kind of wide...I use 3/16" to 1/4" width for the belt slots

Edited by tennoutrider

AC,

Weaver Leather, sells punches up to 2" but they are expensive...called Master Tools and the entire set is in the $500.00 range. I buy them one or two at a time...also, I usually cut the slots before I put the front and rear sections together...when I glue them I align the slots for a good fit then I adjust the outer main seam.(sand it or trim it down)..then stitch. remember the front panel of the holster is approx. 1/2" larger than the back panel...allows for a better fit. If you are lining...always allow at least 1/8" for the thickness of the lining..with this type holstewr the adjustment can be done by relocating and adjusting the stitch lines ...as far as the width of the belt slot....3/8 is kind of wide...I use 3/16" to 1/4" width for the belt slots

Thanks Outrider, info will help.

AC

AC, your pancake holster looks good, Outrider helped me out with the ones I made too, it's a good design, and can be made for several different style guns. here's a couple I made.

Pancake Holster for 1911 002.JPG

Pancake holster for HK P2000 014.JPG

post-14207-127397409686_thumb.jpg

post-14207-127397422237_thumb.jpg

Edited by tEN wOLVES