The case that came with my glasses finally wore out and I needed a replacement. Rather than buy one I thought I would try and make one instead. So I took apart the one that I had and used it to make pattern for this one. It's nothing fancy by any means, but it was fun to make, and as a prototype I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Chris

post-15942-024296300 1292289016_thumb.jp

post-15942-002920400 1292289022_thumb.jp

post-15942-097997300 1292289028_thumb.jp

post-15942-039637100 1292289044_thumb.jp

post-15942-069551500 1292289119_thumb.jp

This looks nice. I've been thinking of doing the same thing because my glasses case is coming apart too. Thanks, I think you've inspired me to give it a try. I like the border work with the veiner.

Bob

This looks nice. I've been thinking of doing the same thing because my glasses case is coming apart too. Thanks, I think you've inspired me to give it a try. I like the border work with the veiner.

Bob

Thanks, glad you liked it. It was a really easy project. All I did was take my old case apart and make a pattern from it. It's one of those projects that nice to do when you don't have a ton of time to work on something. They really go together quickly.

The case has a leather wedge in it so when you close the snap you don't crush the glasses. The original had some molded plastic piece in there that went between the nose pieces of the glasses, so I made one from leather. The case really works well.

Chris