chazbot

Galoshes Hooks

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a good source for a mechanical hook and eye closure called Galoshes hooks. I am not sure if that is what they are regularly referred to as or if that's just what people call them. I do seem to remember them being on my old galoshes though (when I was like 8)

Anyway, If any of you have even a push in the right direction for me I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a good source for a mechanical hook and eye closure called Galoshes hooks. I am not sure if that is what they are regularly referred to as or if that's just what people call them. I do seem to remember them being on my old galoshes though (when I was like 8)

Anyway, If any of you have even a push in the right direction for me I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks!

You might try Ohio Travel Bag http://www.ohiotravelbag.com/

But I don't know it I've ever seen them offered by anyone I've done buisness with in 40yrs.

But then I've always been in the West.

Good Luck,

I'm not sure if I would know these if I fell over them, but have a look through http://www.fhtomkins.com/documents/buckles%20&%20fittings%20brochure.pdf . . . they may be lurking there somewhere!

Thanks, but I still can't find them. :(

Thanks, but I still can't find them. :(

I have never heard of Galoshes Hooks but how about the fasteners on "Artic Boots". I have Two Buckle Artics, they rise just above your ankle, you can get Three buckle and Four Buckle at any Farm Store.

Maybe that is the fastener you are looking for.

If I find them I will let you know.

ferg

Guess what? Ninety nine percent of the shoe hardware is made in China!!!!! Isn't that a surprise?

Ohio Travel Bag has a few things that might work. Since I don't know exactly what you are wishing to do this is a little tough. Check page 16 Boot Hooks.

Edited by 50 years leather