Sign in to follow this  
ofishil

Holster Pattern Help

Hello. My first post but i have been reading lots of good info from the site. I started leather around 2 months ago and have a few projects under my belt without using a kit.

I was hoping you guys could help me out. I was going to suprise my father in law with a holster for his .45 Kimber but i wanted to be a surprise. So I dont have access to the gun to make a template so i decided to check tandys site and found this My link. I figured for $2.99 i couldnt go wrong. Basically what i need help with is what pattern would you use for a .45 Kimber out of that set of patterns.

I really wanted to get the other one i have read about but there was no digital download. I cant remeber the name but it was something like 1911 100th anniversary holster patterns. There was a pattern I really wanted from there but i didnt want to wait for the mailman.

Thanks for any help...

Hello. My first post but i have been reading lots of good info from the site. I started leather around 2 months ago and have a few projects under my belt without using a kit.

I was hoping you guys could help me out. I was going to suprise my father in law with a holster for his .45 Kimber but i wanted to be a surprise. So I dont have access to the gun to make a template so i decided to check tandys site and found this My link. I figured for $2.99 i couldnt go wrong. Basically what i need help with is what pattern would you use for a .45 Kimber out of that set of patterns.

I really wanted to get the other one i have read about but there was no digital download. I cant remeber the name but it was something like 1911 100th anniversary holster patterns. There was a pattern I really wanted from there but i didnt want to wait for the mailman.

Thanks for any help...

Was going to send an email but your "unlisted"... What sort of carry does he normally use.. Open carrry or concealed carry? The link you posted are for vintage border patrol style holsters.... How high do you want it to ride on the belt? Type of retaining strap if any? belt size as in how wide?. More info may result in more response.

Sounds like you bought Will Ghormley's 1911 pack. It is the VERY best! Will has posted advice and how-to's on here a number of times and is a terrific gentleman!