treybecca

My Pride And Joy

This costume started almost a year ago, when I was thinking of a cool halloween costume. I always loved the Mord'sith characters both in Terry Goodkinds "Seeker of Truth" books and in the TV show "Legend of the Seeker." Of course I HAD to be different then the normal red and decided to try the white. I had never touched leather before I gave this a go, but now I am firmly bitten by the leather bug! This costume represents over 120 hours of research, design, tooling and color with many MANY bumps along the the way! All the buckles and findings are the same that were used in the production of "Legend of the Seeker." It definitely was a labor of love and I can not WAIT to debut it this year for Halloween and other Conventions down the road. Please let me know what ya'll think! post-17044-097475800 1315329805_thumb.jp post-17044-029484700 1315330030_thumb.jp

I nave have heard of the people your talking about but that's beside the point. I think you have done a great gob on your outfit !! You get a GOLD STAR from me.

Wow! Holy smoking hot Kara!

Wow, a really thought out outfit! Great detail for design and color and you're going to be a hit at Halloween!

My all time favorite book - Wizard's First Rule. TV show is well cast but horribly done, though. Your work is AWESOME...yet I still expect to see it in red...

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

wonderful work!!

Looks like you got bit just like the rest of us! Really nice job for your first! this is such a great venue for inspiration. Keep up the great work.

Jeff

This costume started almost a year ago, when I was thinking of a cool halloween costume. I always loved the Mord'sith characters both in Terry Goodkinds "Seeker of Truth" books and in the TV show "Legend of the Seeker." Of course I HAD to be different then the normal red and decided to try the white. I had never touched leather before I gave this a go, but now I am firmly bitten by the leather bug! This costume represents over 120 hours of research, design, tooling and color with many MANY bumps along the the way! All the buckles and findings are the same that were used in the production of "Legend of the Seeker." It definitely was a labor of love and I can not WAIT to debut it this year for Halloween and other Conventions down the road. Please let me know what ya'll think! post-17044-097475800 1315329805_thumb.jp post-17044-029484700 1315330030_thumb.jp

This post is no good without pics of someone wearing this costume.

Great looking work especially for the first time.

Not familiar with the inspiration, but the results speak for themself. Wow.

Gorgeous costume! Your work is amazing! I would also love to see it in red...

I'm currently re-reading the Sword of Truth series for the third time. I only watched the first couple episodes of the tv show... such a bummer after reading the books!

I bet you'd make a fortune selling the pattern for this... I know I'd buy it if the price was reasonable!!

Amazing work!!