Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

opinions on the adjustable edge creaser versus the dedicated sizes

I used my Hidecrafters $20 survey coupon to get an adjustabel edge creaser and some other stuff. Haven't received anything yet, but I thought I'd ask for opinions on the adjustable edge creaser versus the dedicated sizes. By the way which individually sized creaser would be best for 5/6 oz veg tan and bridle leather, which size for 8/10 oz?

Thanks,

Ed

I don't like the adjustable creaser and I'll explain why. when you spread the fork on it, and begin to push along the leather, the tool tries to walk in both directions. It's kind of like pushing a grocery cart where both front wheels are going in different directions. With the dedicated ones, the tool is easier to use.

Just my 2 cents.

Marlon

Hi Ed,

I have a Craftool and two Dixon adjustable screw creases. I like both for veg tan over 11oz, guess they could work on 9oz also. I like the Dixon screw creases because you can heat them, The Craftool wouldn't be long for this world if you tried to heat it. On anything lighter, and especially calf or kip I like a fixed crease, they track better on flimsier stuff. For fixed creases I really like the older US or Dixon tools.

Art

I used my Hidecrafters $20 survey coupon to get an adjustabel edge creaser and some other stuff. Haven't received anything yet, but I thought I'd ask for opinions on the adjustable edge creaser versus the dedicated sizes. By the way which individually sized creaser would be best for 5/6 oz veg tan and bridle leather, which size for 8/10 oz?

Thanks,

Ed