ayn

Wanted! Bench Shoe Jack Or Lasting Jack

Greetings everyone,

I am seeking a Bench Shoe Jack or Lasting Jack, I prefer industry models if possible

I am willing to drive to bordering U.S. states that border with California to obtain one or more Bench Shoe Jack or Lasting Jack apparatus

My reason/purpose for use: A useful tool/apparatus that would enable me to making better quality orthotic designed footware & orthotic designed moccasins for those folks that would need and find usefull my custom made ortho-mocs/shoes.

I am offering a finders reward for the fellow leatherworker.net member or associate thereof upon my success in obtaining a Bench Shoe Jack or Lasting Jack apparatus within the perimeters I set forth.

I thank all who shall read this and pass this request on to others!

ayn

AYN,

You don't have to pay for information here, it is given freely. On this forum, it is somewhat of an insult to ask to pay. That being said:

If you are just looking for a shoe jack commonly used in the shoe repair business, there have been several factories that have went to auction in the past year and a lot of that stuff is available on eBay. If you eBay search "vintage cobbler tools" you will get a pile of hits like this. I have a few like this and didn't pay a lot for them. I also have ones that are stand-up versions.

If you want a lasting jack that you put a last on, then those are custom, and the only ones that I know of are made by Dick Anderson at Thorneapple River Boots. Dick also makes some of the best inseaming awls around.

I have about everything Dick makes and recommend all of it.

Art

If you are looking for one like Art posted, they are on local Craigs List all the time. I have a few that I have powder coated, what size are you looking for?

Aaron

Thanks much Art and Aaron for your replies, helpful comments. Shall check both sites y'all recommended, Again thanks much!