Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

Oil Boots & Filigree belts

Here's some filigree belts and a followup to the oil boot tops, (posted previously), by Peter Main.

Enjoy,

Marlon

oil_boots.JPG

filigree_belt_1.JPG

filigree_belt_2.JPG

post-3307-1226343847_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1226343921_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1226343936_thumb.jpg

Everytime I foolishly begin to think that I might finally know a little bit about leather work, I am reminded that I actually know nothing... What fantastic workmanship!

Everytime I foolishly begin to think that I might finally know a little bit about leather work, I am reminded that I actually know nothing... What fantastic workmanship!

I know! Doesn't it tick you off just the tinyest bit that you can't produce work like this?

The "tinyest" bit, Marlon? No, a whole butt-kickin' lot!!

Mike

I know! Doesn't it tick you off just the tinyest bit that you can't produce work like this?

Only when I think about it! LOL

We really are so fortunate to have craftspeople of Peter Main's calibre on this forum. I know I'll never make anything this good but each time I see something superb I try that little bit harder to improve the stuff I do make. Knowing I can't match the maestro definitely doesn't stop me trying to improve - it is an inspiration!

Now, if I could only learn to cut in a straight line... <grin!>

Rawhide...thanks for posting these! Peter's work is always an inspiration. Do you know what value was placed on any of these pieces?

Here's some filigree belts and a followup to the oil boot tops, (posted previously), by Peter Main.

Enjoy,

Marlon

I really love the belts, especially the one with the oak leaves and acorns! The boots don't do much for me, though I do like the crock/gator skin. Different strokes, I s'poze. Don't get me wrong though - the caliber of his work is off the scale. I could only hope to be half as good some day.

Edited by Hilly

peter amzing work

Josh

Rawhide...thanks for posting these! Peter's work is always an inspiration. Do you know what value was placed on any of these pieces?

I don't know on these pieces specifically, but if you do a search on "elephant pad from Peter Main". He said that those were selling for about $550. Not sure if that was the retail for the company he was making them for, or his price to the company.

Marlon

Marlon,

I think it is awesome that we see current work of such tallented artists like Peter Main. That said, I think we should also use it as an insparation and a goal to where we might want to be if that is the type of work we decide we want to do.

None the less, Awesome work.

P.S. Marlon, where's your stuff?

That son of a gun Peter Main is giving you a run for the money in the who crafts the best belt contest!! I'm still backing you HP because Peter's would be too much like wearing a canvas against my bod!! That belt has a painting on the inner blank!! Yours have carvings. I would be more worried about losing the paint than losing the carving!!! LOL!!

Awesome stuff. Sheesh.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

More exquisite work from Peter Main. What's there to say? His stuff is beyond excellent. . .

I'm not sure what the $, oil, snake, and rooster signify, though. ;)

That son of a gun Peter Main is giving you a run for the money in the who crafts the best belt contest!! I'm still backing you HP because Peter's would be too much like wearing a canvas against my bod!! That belt has a painting on the inner blank!! Yours have carvings. I would be more worried about losing the paint than losing the carving!!! LOL!!

Awesome stuff. Sheesh.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

That's just it, Bree. Unless I'm mistaken, those are actual carvings on the inside of the belt -- possibly brush-dyed, too!

Way too cool.

L'Bum

W O W (mouth agape, staring in total amazement)

More exquisite work from Peter Main. What's there to say? His stuff is beyond excellent. . .

I'm not sure what the $, oil, snake, and rooster signify, though. ;)

That's just it, Bree. Unless I'm mistaken, those are actual carvings on the inside of the belt -- possibly brush-dyed, too!

Way too cool.

L'Bum

Peter's belt is unwearable. It's too darn beautiful to wear!! If I had the skill to craft something like that you can bet that there would be three 000's after the start of the price!! That thing goes under Lexan on a pedestal with museum quality lighting on it.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Marlon,

I think it is awesome that we see current work of such tallented artists like Peter Main. That said, I think we should also use it as an insparation and a goal to where we might want to be if that is the type of work we decide we want to do.

None the less, Awesome work.

P.S. Marlon, where's your stuff?

I've posted several before, but here are some things I've been playing around with.

DSCN0495.JPG

post-3307-1226755691_thumb.jpg