Clay

Inaugural Leathercraft Contest

I am happy to announce that the Central States Fair held in Rapid City SD will have a structured leather contest for the 2009 fair. Previously leathercraft was lumped in with the other arts and crafts with one class, meaning the person who made a tooled belt was up against the person who made a saddle and for best of show they were up against the beadwork and needlecraft. Now the leather contest has 29 classes and youth to master skill levels. This contest will be sponsored by the Dakota Territory Leather Guild. Members will be demonstrating their leather craftsmanship each day during the fair. The guild is planning in the future to have a trophy for the best of show and peoples choice winners. There has been talk of a rodeo style belt buckle and a tooled leather plaque. I believe that the members from Nebraska and Wyoming will be able to enter their work, I will confirm this and let every one know. If you are interested in entering your work please call 1-877-800-1853 Monday to Friday 9-6 mountain time, for more information.

ClayM.

Sounds cool Clay. I hope to attend. Here is a link for the fair dates.

http://www.centralstatesfair.com/

Update on the fair.

It is open to Wyoming and Nebraska residents. We are happy to anounce that Chan Geer will be the judge and he will also be holding a Sheridan Style Pattern drawing class on August 22 and 23. Class fee is $200 and half is requred up-front to hold spot. For more info call 1-877-800-1853.

ClayM.

hi all more information on our little contest. It is open to anyone in the U.S. If you would like to enter something I have attached the rules and classes for this contest. Again any other questions please call 1-877-800-1853.

ClayM.

jsw_ccf05282009_00000.jpgjsw_ccf05282009_00001.jpg

post-255-1243744949_thumb.jpg

post-255-1243744961_thumb.jpg

ALL RIGHT..another contest!!!! I like contests!!! :yeah:

ALL RIGHT..another contest!!!! I like contests!!! :yeah:

Good!! we look forward to seing what you can come up with!!

All entries need to be in Rapid City by August 19th at the very latest.

Good luck!!

ClayM.