Sign in to follow this  
Sixer

A Couple Of Owb's For The Walther Pps

Just wanted to share a couple of recent holsters I finished for the Walther PPS. A bit of ostrich and a bit of deep red snake (not sure what kind?)

Feedback is always welcome ;)

post-13450-067652900 1320949151_thumb.jp

post-13450-048082000 1320949165_thumb.jp

post-13450-066937400 1320949177_thumb.jp

post-13450-069102100 1320949192_thumb.jp

Nice work... again! LOVE the red insert and thread. I had been thinking about using red thread on my next project. Hmmm, now I will have to think of something else!

Thanks guys!

Wizard, by all means... go with the red stitching! The color is a little skewed in the pic but the red on black really pops in person. It's a nice color combo IMHO.

Where did you get that thread, and what color is it? I bought some Henna from Weaver a couple weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Wanted something a little more red/rusty, but this is all I can find in 277 to run through my Boss.

How hard is it to cut that thin strip around the edge? I've been thinking of ways to line a leather bag with fabric, and cutting a narrow trim piece like you've done is one thing I've been thinking of doing.

Where did you get that thread, and what color is it? I bought some Henna from Weaver a couple weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Wanted something a little more red/rusty, but this is all I can find in 277 to run through my Boss.

How hard is it to cut that thin strip around the edge? I've been thinking of ways to line a leather bag with fabric, and cutting a narrow trim piece like you've done is one thing I've been thinking of doing.

The thread came from Maine Thread Company - http://www.mainethread.com/waxed_cord.html

It's the 5ply waxed cord in "scarlet". I'm still stuck stitching everything by hand so I'm not sure how that would translate to machine thread.

The narrow strip toward the top of the holster isn't that tough, but it is a bit tedious. Since it's at the top I make sure to leave a little extra leather that I can always sand down later. I've had a few where I left it a little too thin and had to start over on the top piece... just a waste of time and leather, no big deal! ;)

Nice work, cool contrasts.