These are my first two knife sheaths... Not my strong suit, but I sort of like the way the little one turned out. They work. The big one was first, I failed to learn my lessons, and made the little one next.

I bought the larger KBAR for camping/bushcraft - but it's pretty ridiculously large for anything but extreme duty, so the little Mark 1 joined it for more practical use and I can actually fit it into/onto most bags. Now we have his/hers KABARs. :)

The MOLLE clip is detachable via 2 screws, and I can replace it with a belt hanger/vertical loop/etc/... Whatever. Though they work on most belts/straps just fine.

Critiques very welcome...

post-35677-0-62427000-1407347317_thumb.j

Those look really nice to me. Excellent work!!

Where did you get the molle clip?

Grumpy, nice sheaths

TN, those look like Blade-TechMolles you can order from Blade-Tech however I think you get a better price from Index Fastners http://www.ifithermoplastics.com/products/blade-tech-accessories/molle-lok-large-w-hardware . knifekits.com also sell similar ones.

Yep - blade-tech. I got mine full price (since they screw on/off I only needed a couple for personal use), but that Index price is the way to go.

Even more than the clip itself, I love the fact that I can design anything I want with the same hole pattern and just swap things out.

Thanks..just what I was looking for.. :)

I'll second Rohn's observation! I like the "interchangable" loop, hanger, clip, whatever you want. Change to go with any outfit. I especially like the retaining strap on the large one, very minimal and old school. Keep up the good work.

Tip

nice job! ;)

but here a question from the girl from where you're not allowed to carry any weapons....

what a molle clip ? how does that work?

Here is the defention of M.O.L.L.E http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOLLE it is basicaly a clip that alows you to attach things to strap or belts. There are many styles depending on the company you are buying from and the application you are getting it for. Most are designed with a hinge at one end and at the other you have some kind of a latching and release mechanisim to allow for guick on and off as needed.

Edited by camano ridge

Technically, I suppose it's a PALS clip, as the webbing it's designed to go into is PALS (Pouch Attachment Ladder System) webbing... but most folk just use the term for the broader MOLLE carry system. We do love our acronyms over here.

The PALS webbing is pretty common on bags and pouches here (I have a ton of it on my camping gear), so that clip comes in handy.

I usually just make belt hangers for pouches and such out of 1 inch strips (which is the PALS standard) and a snap, but I couldn't resist trying this gizmo.

Edited by Grumpy Coyote