Rohn

Memo Book/business Card Carrier

I have carried a memo book and business cards for years and finally got around to making something to carry them in. I did have a bit of trouble with making my lacing look good at the end/beginning. I usually do holsters and never have to meet the lace at the starting point. I'll have to practice on this if I do any more of these or any wallets.

I dyed the leather a light brown and then antiqued it with a dark brown dye from Tandy that I bought years ago. I finished it with Tan Kote then laced it and gave it a second light coat of Tan Kote. of The lace is "RealleatheR" calf lace that I bought from Weaver, and I am impressed with it. The cost is especially impressive as it is about half the cost of kangaroo lace.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

post-25449-0-09571200-1409159940_thumb.j

post-25449-0-68357800-1409159954_thumb.j

post-25449-0-43959500-1409159965_thumb.j

post-25449-0-84840900-1409159975_thumb.j

I like it a lot. It'll last for years. Lacing looks good, the ending of the double loop is a touchy area, it can be done but takes some practice and patience. That's another reason I like the Mexican Basket Weave you commented on in another post, it closes a lot easier and neater than the double loop.

Chief

Thanks for the nice words Chief. I am about to start on a wallet and I will learn the Mexican Basket Weave on it for sure.

Excellent looking project. Looks to me like you did a fantastic job on it.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I certainly enjoyed doing it and now I am going to enjoy using it.

Rohn ...................

I feel sure you'll really wonder why you had not made one yet ? But be extremely glad you finally did !

It looks really neat and clean, with the exception as mentioned, on closing, But it dont always come easy,

Next time it will be even easier for you. Good job !

Looking good, Rohn! You'll enjoy having that around.

Thanks for the nice comments WildBill and Monica.

I think it looks great Rohn, you're going to get many good years of use out of that.

Bob

Thanks Bob. I do believe it will serve me well.

Looks good, not easy to do this lacing job....never did much of it....need to start practicing..well done !!

Thank you Jimbob.

Great job, Rohn,

I use the double loop lace all the time and after 30 yrs I still have trouble with closing. I always try to find a place sort of out of casual view in case I don't get it just right. I have found it's easier for me to begin/end on a corner. That way you can disguise a foible, if necessary. The case looks great and will last a long time. What did you use for the liner, it looks good?

Tip

Tip, Thanks for the nice comments. The liner and inside pockets are from 2-3 ounce leather the back is 4-5 ounce. I dyed the inside with Fiebings mix of Saddle Tan and Light Brown Oil dye.