I have been experimenting with different shoe styles for my kid lately and finally got one that worked. I look forward to getting better at it! I'll eventually make a PDF of the pattern if anybody else wants to try their hand at it.

I made a little video of the process go check it out here!

_MG_9803.jpg

_MG_9804.jpg

_MG_9810.jpg

_MG_9811.jpg

_MG_9814.jpg

_MG_9815.jpg

I have been experimenting with different shoe styles for my kid lately and finally got one that worked. I look forward to getting better at it! I'll eventually make a PDF of the pattern if anybody else wants to try their hand at it.

They look great, Dan!!

Tony.

I made a little video of the process go check it out here!

_MG_9803.jpg

_MG_9804.jpg

_MG_9810.jpg

_MG_9811.jpg

_MG_9814.jpg

_MG_9815.jpg

They look really cool....I am sure your little will wear them proudly! Question: You did forget the most important thing?

Your maker's mark! You went through all of that trouble and didn't mark it for all to see! I would like a copy, but it might be easier to just post it on here instead of becoming busy sending emails? Just my opinion!

Way to go~!

Nicely done!!

Count me in for a copy of the pattern if you ever get one you'd like to share.

Wow! Those are amazing.You_Rock_Emoticon.gif I would love to have a size 8 women's pattern. I tried to make some moccasin's from scratch and they look really bad. Holysheep.gif Actually, "it" looks really bad. I stopped with one. On the bright side my Sheltie loves to play with it. He slaps himself in the head as he shakes it back and forth. So when u post your pattern would u pls give pointers about how to size it to fit? Thanks so much for sharing :D

Oh! and what kind of leathers did u use? pls include thickenesses too.

Edited by funnygirl62221

Did I mention these are a killer pair of little shoes?! I need to make a pair for my little one.

-A

That is very cool. I've been trying to read up on how to make shoes and sandals and it was really cool to see someone use those skills. I'd also like a copy of that pdf file if you get one put together.

Chris

www.builderofstuff.com

Very cool! Thank you for sharing.

Chris

www.builderofstuff.com

Quick question. Have you tried sizing these for yourself or for an adult size? I tried blowing these up in photoshop, scaling the pattern proportionally to fit my shoe size. I cut out the pattern on paper and put it together quickly to get a rough idea of what it may look like, and the proportions seem to be a little big, but it is after all paper so it doesnt mold together as sleekly as leather would. Do you have any tips or suggestions for sizing these up to adult sizes? I have been looking for a mocassin/shoe pattern to try out and these just look amazing! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

They're so cute it hurts! :)

i like them

Quick question. Have you tried sizing these for yourself or for an adult size? I tried blowing these up in photoshop, scaling the pattern proportionally to fit my shoe size. I cut out the pattern on paper and put it together quickly to get a rough idea of what it may look like, and the proportions seem to be a little big, but it is after all paper so it doesnt mold together as sleekly as leather would. Do you have any tips or suggestions for sizing these up to adult sizes? I have been looking for a mocassin/shoe pattern to try out and these just look amazing! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't tried the adult shoe but I assume it would be similar. head_hurts_kr.gif

If they needed to be adjusted the key points would probably be sole width and how tall the toe is. The back heel section should stitch up fine no matter what the shoe size. Just adjust the sole to width and the main body toe section to how high you think it needs to be for your feet.

The way the pattern is laid out the key thing here will be sole size. That creates the shape of the shoe and everything else wraps up from there.