Billy H

Saddles For My Little Boy And Girl And Their Ponies

Thought I would try my hand at trying to post a few pictures.

I will apologise in advance if this is a mess. Thanks Billy

post-15568-075377900 1299697643_thumb.jp

post-15568-040877000 1299697757_thumb.jp

post-15568-078066300 1299697854_thumb.jp

post-15568-042844700 1299698907_thumb.jp

post-15568-065096900 1299698938_thumb.jp

Edited by Billy H

Well looks like I finally got it !!!!!!!!!

Denise, If you happen to come across this post--------(THANKYOU for your help!) with out your help I would be still be sittin here scratching my head on how to get a picture posted.

Thanks JW, I was trying my best to have a seat profile on my little boys saddle (Square Skirt) look like so many of your saddles I have seen. Can't say as I got that done but it seems to fit his 7 yearold bottom pretty well.

This saddle making has a HUGE learning curve to it. The folks on this forum are really great at giving their wisdom, expert advise that has taken them years to aquire. I appreciate it and want to thankyou all.

Billy

Wow, Billy, you are one cool dad! Those would be the envy of any kid.

Kate

Thanks Kate.

My kids came pretty late in life-----they have changed the way I look at life in the morning, for the better.

There are not a whole lot of things I find more enjoyable than to watch kids ride horses. Billy

Nicely done!

I think all kids should learn to ride horses.

It's even better if they can have their own to take care of along with the tack to boot.

Nice job.

Joel

Nice job, Billy. Any chance of getting pictures with the kids sitting in the saddles? I know it is often difficult to get kid's saddles looking proportioned because of the short fenders, and I didn't even realize how small your kids were till you posted your son's age, so you did a really good job there! These will be heirlooms for the grandkids!

Thankyou joel, YUP horses and kids are a good combination, seems to keep them out of most trouble and starts the the road of life to responsibility.

Hi Denise!

When I read your response I started laughing. My Boys saddle is on a second set of fenders & Leathers--- first set was about 2 inches to long, they just have such short little legs.

My little girl Anna is 9, I built her saddle almost a year ago for her birthday. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided Lace-up Leathers where a good idea. I swear that her legs grow 1/4 inch everytime she gets on her horse!

I will try and get some picture of them on their ponies. I had a bunch of my Anna riding this summer but my D%*#! camera some how deleted all of those pictures when I tried to tranfer to the computer.

My boy Samo has not had his on his pony yet, I just finished his saddle about a week ago, still need to cut his Latigos today.

Billy

Those are beautiful!!

I love the color and in particular the snowflake design. Nice Job!!

Ann

Thankyou joel, YUP horses and kids are a good combination, seems to keep them out of most trouble and starts the the road of life to responsibility.

Hi Denise!

When I read your response I started laughing. My Boys saddle is on a second set of fenders & Leathers--- first set was about 2 inches to long, they just have such short little legs.

My little girl Anna is 9, I built her saddle almost a year ago for her birthday. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided Lace-up Leathers where a good idea. I swear that her legs grow 1/4 inch everytime she gets on her horse!

I will try and get some picture of them on their ponies. I had a bunch of my Anna riding this summer but my D%*#! camera some how deleted all of those pictures when I tried to tranfer to the computer.

My boy Samo has not had his on his pony yet, I just finished his saddle about a week ago, still need to cut his Latigos today.

Billy