dhaverstick

New Quiver For The Season Opener

Missouri's archery season opened this past Monday and I finished my new quiver just two days ahead of time. I've always been a fan of the side quiver but I wanted something that was versatile and easy to get on and off. So I put on my thinking cap and came up with a ring-and-hook system to use. I can fasten it to my belt like in the picture, I can carry it with a strap around my neck and shoulders or I can just carry it in my hand. I think it will suit my needs just fine.

As you can see, I like color and this quiver has a representative of every animal family but amphibians and insects. The body is made from bison leather and the turquoise trim is deer. The orange trim at the opening is stingray, the darker orange piece along the bottom is caiman, ring lizard was used in the circle decoration and the "swoosh" is ostrich leg skin. I carved the hanging ring from a piece of moose antler and the fastening hook on the belt loop is carved from deer antler. I sewed everything up by hand using artificial sinew. It took some time, and a whole lot of money (exotic leather is expensive!) but I wanted something that would last a while and that I would be happy with.

Now if I can just get a little blood on it...

Darren

DSC00084_zpsaee4c54a.jpg

DSC00078_zps5ce7ee5f.jpg

DSC00064_zps6d268ffd.jpgDSC00101_zps221893d6.jpg

Very well done. You will get a lot of years use from that. Hope you do exceptionally well when hunting this year.

Wow! That's sure an attention grabber! Great job on incorporating so many different textures and colors.

Wow, that's awesome! The design is really cool, and I love all the different textures and colors. Very cool.

Awesome work!

I love all the colours and textures. What a great job you did.In some pictures it look very long and others it doesn't. How long is this quiver?

Leatherwytch, the quiver is 26 inches long at its longest point.