Rhome

Thread Lubricant

Ok thread lubricant is self explanatory. but how do you apply it to your thread when usuing a " Boss " stitcher or a powered stitcher ? Also is it made spicifically for thread and where do you buy it ? Thanks in advance.

You can take some of the Silicone thread lube I have off my hands for cheaper than what you can get elsewhere.

I don't know if the Boss can utilize a lube pot, but you can spray the actual spool of thread, which usually comes prelubed.

Ed

Rhome, when i apply the thread lubricant i have a spray bottle that the lub is in...

Silicone thread lube is what you want, the stuff that Ed has is commercial and excellent. The commercial shops dunk a spool of thread in lube for about 2-5 mins, let it drip dry overnight and use it the next day. Eliminates the need for a lube pot. If you don't use a LOT of thread at a sitting, then just spraying some lube on the cone will work also. If you over-lubricate, it will just make a mess under the spool, but won't hurt anything, just keep a rag under the spool.

There are some colors that I don't use a lot and spraying them lightly every month or two with Glycerin saddle soap and keeping them out of the light will pretty much keep them from debonding. A little goes a long way here. If you get little flakes off the spool, that's debonding.

Art

AHHHHHHHHHH.....now I get it ! Thanks guys. now I'm off to find some.