Sign in to follow this  
King's X

Latest Projects

I haven't posted any work pictures here probably because I do not do this for a living, so when I get a wild hair I usually go on a carving/stamping binge and cut-bang away. Anyways, I just wanted to share my lastest work. Any comments would be gladly accept 'good or bad.'

Appreciate it.

Happy New Year greetings from Round Rock, Tx

Koozie_Small__1_.JPG

Koozie_Small__2_.JPG

Secretary_Small__1_.JPG

Secretary_Small__2_.JPG

Secretary_Small__3_.JPG

ESC_Valet_Small.JPG

post-6330-1231126215_thumb.jpg

post-6330-1231126223_thumb.jpg

post-6330-1231126231_thumb.jpg

post-6330-1231126237_thumb.jpg

post-6330-1231126245_thumb.jpg

post-6330-1231126258_thumb.jpg

Nice stuff. I really like that notebook. Love the design on it and color. Is that some type of gator or something inlay around the diamond ?

I had the exact same question as Freak. Is the book pattern something you came up with, or from a kit? It looks great!

I'm just down the street from you in San Antonio, stop by and say hello if you're in the area

Thanks for your question. It is not real alligator, but an embossed black leather that I received in an estate sale. The pattern came from several project designs that I have seen off the internet. The corners were not going to be cut originally, but it was one of those "I cut one, now what." I then laid the black embossed leather on the back and reduced the corner pieces down a bid and glue them all down using my granite block to place some pressure and create a molded effect. The project took some three months because my artisically challenged mind went through some brain farts. Thanks to the my guild members and their advice that brought me through to the end of this project.

Thanks again,

Happy New Years greeting from Round Rock, Tx

Note: I will be in S/A towards the end of January. If you send me a PM with your addy and number, I will make it a point to stop and visit. I appreciate the invitation. eleven99atsbcglobal.net

Hi There,

I just love the beer bottle cover, I have to make one!!

Was it hard to fit? Was it just a slight taper on the pattern?

Thanks for any info

that's a really neat look to the rope borders! Do you use any rope tool or do you just carve the rope?peteNice touch on the lettering!! That's a great idea to use a mule foot around the seeder.Mind if I use your idea?pete

Very goodlooking stuff!!

Beerbottleholder is very kewl and that bowl/pan or whatever it should be called is something that can be very nice on the livingroomtable.

Tom

TomSwede

I appreciate the comments. The 'pan' looking thing I call a 'valet'. Basically, it goes on your dresser or night stand where you can throw your keys, coin, knife, etc. It kinda holds everything for you without destroying your tabletop. A 'coffee table' will work as well, pretty much anywhere you want it to go.

It was pretty easy to make....I cut a piece of veg-tan 7"x 6 1/2", tooled a border about an inch in from the edge. After finishing your piece, dyed and all, wet the leather, work your borders upward and pinch the corners. Aftermaking this one, I saw one at 'Hidecrafters' and they put a rivet on each 'pinched' corner. I made one about a month ago for my daughter's father where I cut the 'pinched' corners and ended up lacing the top and corners. I came out nice.

Thanks again for your comments

Happy New Years greetings from Round Rock, Texas

Tina & Pete:

Send me an email at the address listed above "Tina" post and I will forward the patterns for the items that you want. I do not have a problem sharing. I do this as a hobby so I don't get stressed out and go postal. Just kidding. You are more than welcome to whatever project you like.

Thanks for your comments :grouphug5vj5:

Happy New Years greetings from Round Rock, Texas

Edited by ATX

Hi There,

I just love the beer bottle cover, I have to make one!!

Was it hard to fit? Was it just a slight taper on the pattern?

Thanks for any info

Hi ATX, here is may email addy, any info on the beer bottle cover would be great!!

tnaburke at aol dot com

Thanks so much!