Constabulary

Singer Mfg. Co. - Image Film From 1934

That is a great film.I've always been amazed how Singer made such great machines back in the day before electronics.They were made with good precision too! I bought a book off ebay that has the pics & highights of this film & even the pages with the words are in it.

Thanks for posting it.

I also like it very much, too bad it has no sounds but watching the film on full screen is great!

I wish I had one of the great shipping crates. I´d kick out my TV board and replace it with one of these crates!

Great video !!! This shows why the old timers are far better and longer lasting than today's "Plastic Wonders" !!

Great video !!! This shows why the old timers are far better and longer lasting than today's "Plastic Wonders" !!

yeah, exactly my thoughts!

Imagine how big this factory must have been. They produced EVERYTHING from cast iron housing to wooden cabinets in one big factory - nothing outsourced. Good old days!

Thanks for posting. Really worth the time to view it. I wonder how many employees that plant had. The work that went into each needle was amazing. As a blacksmith I love the forging equipment.

Thanks for posting it. I’ve watched the first 30 minutes of it, and will watch the rest as I can get to it. I have a slow connection speed, so I spend a lot of time watching the 4 little dots spin around.

My favorite part so far has been when they were putting the smaller pieces in the head. Some of those guys doing it had a hammer in their hand or lying nearby. Small hammers for sure, but in a factory of that size, I bet they could find a bigger hammer if they needed one.

Them there’s genuine sewing machine mechanics!!!

CD in Oklahoma

Pffffftttt....I could do a better job with my cell phone.

LOL...Just kidding. This video is like the Holy Grail of sewing machine historical videos. Awesome, really. I'm most interested, personally in the Wheeler Wilson Singer factory in Bridgeport, Connecticut and Elizibethport factory in New Jersey. This is where the W, dash -, and K machines were made.

I think there was not much difference between the factories in the US and GB. I guess it looked almost the same in the 1930´s.

But you are right, I´d also like too see films of the US Singer factories. Do these films exist?

If you know other films from the old days please post them. I´d really love to see them!!!