mclarke

Fully Struck Leather

I have been searching for a 5-6 ounce fully struck leather - chestnut / burgundy / a dark brown with reddish tint - I thought that this would be pretty easy, but is turning out not to be at all. I can find the colors fully struck but they are 9-10 oz or more - or the opposite, right colors, but 3 oz. Want it to be chrome tanned 5-6 oz dyed all the way through, not oily maybe lightly waxy- ANY suggestions???? – I think that I have talked to all of the main places – water house – hide and leather house – Tandy etc – still no luck

Thanks

Matt

I have been searching for a 5-6 ounce fully struck leather - chestnut / burgundy / a dark brown with reddish tint - I thought that this would be pretty easy, but is turning out not to be at all. I can find the colors fully struck but they are 9-10 oz or more - or the opposite, right colors, but 3 oz. Want it to be chrome tanned 5-6 oz dyed all the way through, not oily maybe lightly waxy- ANY suggestions???? – I think that I have talked to all of the main places – water house – hide and leather house – Tandy etc – still no luck

Thanks

Matt

Matt,Try www.brettunsvillage.com.I have bought 5\6 oz. leather from them beforethat was dyed all the way thru,I am assuming this is what you mean by struck.Matter of fact I just started a laptop case that is chestnut 5/6 oz leather that is dyed all the way thru.If you give him a call at 207-782-7863, He will probably have something that you are looking for.Check out his hides and sides page and look at the black 7 oz hides that he has.Depending what you make from this,this is an awesome hide and for 70 bucks you just cant beat it.Good luck and tell him that greg says hello.Thanks,Greg.

Matt,Try www.brettunsvillage.com.I have bought 5\6 oz. leather from them beforethat was dyed all the way thru,I am assuming this is what you mean by struck.Matter of fact I just started a laptop case that is chestnut 5/6 oz leather that is dyed all the way thru.If you give him a call at 207-782-7863, He will probably have something that you are looking for.Check out his hides and sides page and look at the black 7 oz hides that he has.Depending what you make from this,this is an awesome hide and for 70 bucks you just cant beat it.Good luck and tell him that greg says hello.Thanks,Greg.

Hey thanks - are you talking abou the moose sides?

Thanks

Matt

We have a couple of oil tanned leather in 5/6 Chestnut that may work for you. We also carry a drum dyed double shoulder in 6/7 in a tannage that is very similar to bridle leather... We will be glad to send you some swatches to view. Just let us know a mailing address.

Zack White Leather Co.

Did you try Zack White's or Springfield Leather? How about Siegel? They carry more of a selection of leather than anyone you mentioned except maybe Waterhouse.

Construction Leather- why don't you ask Churchill if he wants to advertise here? It would save you a lot of typing when you suggest Brettuns Village for everything people ask about.

Johanna