jbabler

Sam Browne/button Stud Supplier

Does anyone have a supplier (or sell) on where to get about 500 button studs 1/2", either rivot or screwback, in either gunmetal, antique brass or black preferably. I'm finding plenty of suppliers in China but I'd rather hope to find a solution here in the U.S. first. I think Tandy's wholesale price is still ridiculously high for their Sam Browne buttons. Thanks ahead of time!

Have you looked at Ohio Travel? Here's a link, hope it helps.

http://www.ohiotravelbag.com/otb/P212Catalog.jsp?pagegraphic=Page061.jpg&x=76&y=55

X2 on Ohio Travel Bag, they are great to deal with and have excellent quality hardware and a wide variety of it.

Ken

Does anyone have a supplier (or sell) on where to get about 500 button studs 1/2", either rivot or screwback, in either gunmetal, antique brass or black preferably. I'm finding plenty of suppliers in China but I'd rather hope to find a solution here in the U.S. first. I think Tandy's wholesale price is still ridiculously high for their Sam Browne buttons. Thanks ahead of time!

Hi :

I am Max Lee,the saler manager of JINYULI BUTTON hardware factory ffrom CHINA,

Wholesale all kinds of sam browne button: $0.2-$0.35/sets

www.jinyulibutton.en.alibaba.com

maxlee83@yahoo.com

hey jbabler. We actually carry a whole assortment of brass studs finished in brass, antique brass, nickel and nickel matte. check out the brass studs here. Give me a call if you have any questions - Jackie

Tandy prices get reasonable when you get down to the reseller level. They do have new smaller button studs for phone and small cases but not in 500 (or even 100) quantity. I have found some (not all) of the solid brass Chinese products to be quite good. Even the best of Chinese foundrys would send OSHA screaming into the night though. I would deal more with Chinese factories if I could get samples. I don't have any problems with minimums but don't want to pull the trigger until I see their product and see how it fits into our production.

Art

I am looking for some but I need them in Black like you find on the police and military equipment any one have a clue where I can get these?

http://jinyulibutton.preview.alibaba.com/product/540157508-213805399/sam_browne_button.html?tracelog=cgsotherproduct1

we can do any size ,any color for you . contact us.

I am looking for some but I need them in Black like you find on the police and military equipment any one have a clue where I can get these?

Jbabler - Give Rite On Screw a call, http://www.riteonscrew.com/index.html. They machine button studs right here in CA. They revamped their website last year so their button studs and chicago screws are no longer listed but they still make them, I ordered about 100 button studs from them late last year. When I placed my order they only made solid brass (not antique), zinc plated solid brass and black. They only make the screw back kind, but offer several different sizes. Junior, the guy I've dealt with, will also send you samples if you ask. The price breaks are pretty low, in terms of quantities, as well.

That link to the Buckle Guy (http://www.buckleguy.com) was a huge help. What a playground of metal accessories for leatherworkers, i'm gonna spend some serious $ there. Thanks!